Sandbar shark

Post by Daran »

Definitely the price
kimr
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kimr »

Hi

I Hhave heard that they can let fines through, I do know of a couple of people who have added extra filtration to polish the water once it has passed through the nexus
dfinn
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by dfinn »

Hi,

Apparantly they cannot be left for too long i.e. need regular cleaning.

Thanks,

Daniel
strudders
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by strudders »

Hi

We had a nexus... with an answer... it never did what we wanted...

Answer failed several times... Support from manufacture was poor / non existant...

The air pipe at the bottom clogged & came off 3 times and blanket weed caused no end of problems ... in less than 2 months...(ever tried to get all the K1 out.. it goes everywhere... then go in head first to reset the airline... not to be reccomended...

In all we kept it for 18 months were never happy with water quality and when I was ill it proved difficult for others to clean it out...

I could go on but .... if you want more PM me.
GERRY5
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by GERRY5 »

well it seems a few downers on nexus apparent , and have to agree with most if not all , overpriced , yes imho, regular cleaning yes , blanket weed is the bain of a nexus , can take a while to mature, can let fines through yep ...

would i do without my homemade easys ...not on your life , if fines are getting through you can add more k1 or indeed trap the fines after, there will always be good and bad in this super hobby of ours and what suits one person may not suit another
kimr
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kimr »

Now Gerry

You are on the right lines there, a homemade easy with a barrel of fluid K1 now that is what good filtration is made of, but sadly not called nexus, called "made by us" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another fact much much cheaper make, easy to clean by anyone the pros go on and on :D :D
judyanngee
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by judyanngee »

The beauty of a Nexus is its footprint.

I agree that you can make an Eazy of your own much cheaper but then another bay is needed for biological filtering.

If like me you have limited space Nexus are ideal
gingeletiss
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by gingeletiss »

Yeh!!!!!!!........thanks a lot :evil: :evil: wait until I've spent a grand, then tell me these are cr*p :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . I must say, I've only ever heard good things about them, so I guess I will have to find out myself. :roll: :roll: :roll:
GERRY5
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by GERRY5 »

dave ..no not crap at all , far from it there are many many plus points with a nexus which far outway the bad points , such as judy has rightly pointed out about the small footprint etc ...the negatives are what people on here have found to answer brads question .........but you knew that already you old teaser :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kim ..as you know i make all my own easys as do many , purely as you correctly point out mainly due to cost , following the teachings of markitaro san on his designs with one or two ideas of me own thrown in , if i could afford the real thing i woudnt hesitate but as we have five of them that would be the thick end of six grand ...so negative it is on cost alone :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink:
judyanngee
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by judyanngee »

Just thought of another positive...................

when you move house you can take it with you :shock:
Davej
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by Davej »

No stress Dave, the Nexus does exactly what it says on the tin. Think Judy hit the nail on the head, for it's footprint it does a great job.

Yes you can go down the DIY route, but out of the box you have an excellent filter :D - as with all pond equipment there are always a load of opinions on what is best, tricky part is making up your mind before parting with the cash! :cry:

Now if were talking of EasyPod negatives then I suspect the list would be considerably longer.... :roll:

Regards

Dave
gingeletiss
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by gingeletiss »

OK!!!!!!!!..........a negative on installation. My 300 was bought, and was set up for a gravity fed system, and I had to convert it to take a pump fed system. John from Aquaflow, ordered up every boot that Nexis does. I have 4" to 2.5".....4" to 3.5".......3" to 2"......4" to 4"......3" to 1".......4" to 1"..........but the hole for the conversion is not big enough to take a 4" pipe. So I've had to look at 3"........no boot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: , so how about 2"........no boot :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: . So I've had to use the 4" to 2.5", which takes a 2.5" pressure pipe, I then had to insert a converting sleeve down to 2" solvent wield.

It's doing a job, but has a restricted flow, I really wanted 3", which needed a 4" to 3" boot...........so not happy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Still never mind, I will see the positives later on :lol: :lol: :lol:
kimr
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kimr »

Hi Dave

You didn't ask for the good point's you asked for the bad ones.

Good points are you can't get a better filter with that footprint, the filtration is great, maintainance is easy with dry hands, so called. But, and you knew there was going to be a but, not everyone can afford one, but can you imagine what sort of filtration you would have if you had a nexus being pumped upto a Bakki Shower full of BHM, now that is some kind of koi filtration heaven in my eyes.

Note to myself, I must win the lottery :lol: