Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

kernowkoi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Re: Automatic feeder

Post by kernowkoi »

Hi,

Intresting Post. I purchased a fishmate P21 lastyear.
fishmate.jpg
fishmate.jpg (16.7 KiB) Viewed 6724 times
Was a bit rubbish :!: only one feed per day and poor control on delivery qty :?

Emma and AJ, I like the look of the unit you have. looked at ACE of Koi site can't see it. Who make's it please :?:

Was thinking about making someting myself. but not sure how to go about it.
Rgs
Steve
ageinghippy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by ageinghippy »

Steve,
Although I am neither Emma or AJ, I can answer your questions.

On page 14 of their catalogue, it is described as..... `Superfish Batery-Operated Fish Feeder`. It goes on to say that it holds 3 litres of pellets, timable up to 4 times a day. If you want to order, the code is AFF2, and it`s £45.

Hope that helps,

Chris (another one)
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

Well I thought I ought to tell you all that I've managed to kill this unit already! The feeder fell into the pond and no amount of drying out seems to be reviving it.

I'm not too disappointed as I've found that with medium sized pellets (I use 6mm ones) it blocks once or twice a week and when it blocks the batteries drain as it tries to rotate the feed hopper but can't and they have to be replaced. I've got through 12 batteries since buying it.

I was also having to top the hopper up every week or so as I was feeding my fish 4 times a day!

So I would have to say that unless you are feeding baby pellets to a few fish then I wouldn't be able to recommend this unit.

I'm going to buy one of those like Andy's! Unless someone has an even better idea? I do like the idea of DIYing one and seem to remember Duncan made one himself?

EDIT:
Acutally I've just seen [url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... K:MEWAX:IT]this on Ebay[/url]. I know it's for cat's and dog's dry food, but it's identical to the fish version except it has a detachable bowl and is £22 cheaper!!!! I can just take the bowl off and fix it over the pond - this time so it can't fall in!!!
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

ageinghippy wrote:Steve,
Although I am neither Emma or AJ, I can answer your questions.

On page 14 of their catalogue, it is described as..... `Superfish Batery-Operated Fish Feeder`. It goes on to say that it holds 3 litres of pellets, timable up to 4 times a day. If you want to order, the code is AFF2, and it`s £45.

Hope that helps,

Chris (another one)
On their website I think that's the model that I have, not the one Andy had. I haven't got their catalogue; is that model like Andy's in there?
ageinghippy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by ageinghippy »

Hi Ed,
The details I listed were directly next to the picture, grey box, identical to Andys posted pic.(minus his pipe mod, of course). You`ve got ME confused now, I can`t see YOUR feeder mentioned at all. :?

Chris (another one)

Been worrying about wether I`ve completely lost it, but I`ve just realised that both YOUR feeder and Andys feeder are made by the same people, `Superfish`.

Looking back at your original link, I`d say that that one is for goldfish.