fibre glassers in sussex

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

double doitsu
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

fibre glassers in sussex

Post by double doitsu »

i have a 60sq m2 pond 21ft x 10ft x 7ft ish , at the moment i have got it linned but i have had enough of the ugly flaps in the liner plus i want to add another return which i can do before fibre glassing it ,also i have a leek in my veggie filter ,so i could kill a few birds with the same stone ,i have got to sell all my fish to afford to do it but it will save me trying to find somewhere to home them all will just save my favorite ones in the quarnteen pond.but i need to find someone at the right price who someone can recommend, thats where i come you all maybe able to help
Chris C
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: fibre glassers in sussex

Post by Chris C »

Hello,

Click on the below link and or copy and paste into your web browser
http://www.gee-grpfibreglassing.co.uk/pond-liner.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Louie
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Louie »

Ha-ha!! That would work out at £1800! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a totally unrealistic price to pay if you are having to sell your fish in the first place to fund it all. Why not do some research, ask some questions and then get some prices to do the job yourself? As long as you can find a mate or two to lend you a hand and you have checked it all out first there shouldn't be any real issues. I bet you could save over a grand on the quote that you would be likely to get. Unless you really feel you don't want to try it. It's got to be worth looking into, as the money you save would go a long way to setting you back up! :D :D

Best of Luck!!

Louie
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

so did You do Yours yourself Louie
Louie
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Louie »

No Thorny,

I was lucky enough to have the services of Bob Hart, who did a first class job for a fantastic price. Then again I was also lucky enough to have a few hundred quid spare and all the building work was already done. I just wanted it finished and was happy to pay Bob's extremely good price.
If however I had been strapped for cash I would have had to look into doing it myself. With good advice from this forum and the help of a few mates I'm sure I could have made a half decent job of it too. Not up to Bob's standard, but good enough to last.
Companies (as opposed to individuals) who carry out this work have to carry the costs of their overheads and employed labour, and their prices will also reflect the professional finish and no doubt a warranty too. All very well if you have a couple of grand to throw at a new build, but not much use to someone who is trying to get by on a budget. It obviously helps that I've seen it being done first hand, but I honestly don't think that glassing a pond is beyond anyone, given the right encouragement and advice. I'd happily lend a hand to anyone nearby who wanted to give it a go. And make a good job of it too........ :D
(Of course, I'd check as much as I could with Bob first!) :wink:

Louie
a4koi

Post by a4koi »

double doitsu wrote:i have a 60sq m2 pond 21ft x 10ft x 7ft ish , at the moment i have got it linned but i have had enough of the ugly flaps in the liner plus i want to add another return which i can do before fibre glassing it ,also i have a leek in my veggie filter ,so i could kill a few birds with the same stone ,i have got to sell all my fish to afford to do it but it will save me trying to find somewhere to home them all will just save my favorite ones in the quarnteen pond.but i need to find someone at the right price who someone can recommend, thats where i come you all maybe able to help
hi why dont you send bob hart a pm and ask him to do it ? he will do a very good job at a very good price .

there are many out there that will do it for you but there are many that will do it wrong and chage you too much so i would give bob a shout :wink:

darren
Pond Life
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Pond Life »

[url]http://www.fibreglassplastics.co.uk/index.asp[/url]
Ask the Worthing BKKS members about them. :wink:
kcfibreglass
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by kcfibreglass »

Hello there, I am based in South Yorkshire but would be more than willing to quote you for fibreglassing your pond at very competitive rates, having over 22 years experience in pond lining up and down the country . Cheers, Karl @ KC Fibreglass