Sieve advice please

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sieve advice please

Post by Bob Hart »

Anyone with experience of the Unltrasieve Midi sieve?

I need to fit a sieve to the last of my bottom drains as part of my on-going filtration alterations and dont have the depth required to fit a normal Ultrasive. The size of the normal unit is 99cm/37cm/65cm, I only have around 85cm in depth, so would need to then gun out some of the conrete floor.

Therefore I was looking at the Midi sieve also made by Ultrasieve. This unit is 74cm/27cm/56cm in size and would therefore fit without altering the flooring area.

The Midi has a recomended throughput of only 12000 litres though, which seems small in comparison to the normal units 30000 litres per hour.

Does anyone use Midi and have to got moree than 12000 litres through it? 12000 litres is only 2637 gallons/hour, I'd like around 3500/4000.

see this link for sieve comparisions - http://www.absolute-koi.com/subcat605.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any thoughts/comments appreciated - thanks
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Re: Sieve advice please

Post by benyiii »

Hi

I run two midis and like them very much. As far as flow rates i run an aquamx 16000 out of each to a shower. Although just looking at the chart on the aquamax box with head loss would have thought this was only around 12000lph so not much help to you im afraid. What pump are you going to run?

Regards

Ben
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Hi Ben,

Yes you get a lot less out of pumps than it says on the box of course. I just want as much as I can out of it, looking to use one of those pumps DHO has, the ones from Luxemburge, 25000 litres for 150 watts. wont be 25000 litres of course, probablty around 15000-18000.
Stefan
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Stefan »

I have put a Ultra Sieve on my system.
It will be fed from two bottom drains and two 63 mm connections from the skimmer.
The calculated flow will be around 44 000 litres per hour. So we are testing it to the maximum :D
So yes I think you can get more out of it.
My system will not be started until late March or April hopefully.
We are building it for the moment but I have some pics I can show you if you are interested.

Stefan