architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

LOL :D OK sounds like you pleased with it so far :wink:
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

A slight understatement Brother :lol: It has a nick name of "Herbie" pictures to follow which will explain all :lol:

Jules
emmaandaj
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by emmaandaj »

Hi,

Excellent post! Im bit confused (nothing unusual there!) I see what you are saying about pumping dirty water over the shower rather than clean water.

Am i right in thinking that A4 koi has Nexus 300's gravity fed from the large out door pond and then pumps these over a bank of bakki showers? Surely that water would be clean? I know when i spoke to Daren he said he was only using them for the bit in the middle (Easy) and using the showers for bio filtration?Aam i right in thinking they are working as a sieve would?

Also how does a sieve compare to an easy pod in terms of mechanical filtration-which one will remove the most solids???

Cheers Andy :D
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

Hi Andy I would say that a sieve beats a pod hands down Mate. Darren only has the Nexus in the middle to just as Mechanical Filtration. They are not realy for biological filtration as He pulls to much water through them. Next time You are there have a look at the outer cirle of the Nexus, I dont think he has any more than 50 liters of K1 in there as he says himself whats the point. The showers do the work.
Justin
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Andy I have no idea how Darren's set up is but every little helps as they say. A sieve will give you better settlement of solids and will work differently to an eazy pod. The sieve will be a lot lower in maintenance but will give you no biological filtration unlike the Eazy pod.

I am a fan of pouring dirty water over the showers having seen them working in Japan and the UK.

Jules
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Mike Snaden just has bottom drains, pumps and showers, his Koi seem to do OK!!!!!!