BAKKI SHOWER AS ADD ON.

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Del,

As you have 2 bottom drains fitted into a 'T' then into a seive, I'd cut into the pipe as shown and fit a 2" take off. Fit a pump to this and pump over the shower.

Do the same on the other pair of pipes and you'll have a big flow over the shower.

Use eco Aquamax 16000 perhaps.

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... es%201.jpg[/img]
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:Del,

As you have 2 bottom drains fitted into a 'T' then into a seive, I'd cut into the pipe as shown and fit a 2" take off. Fit a pump to this and pump over the shower.

Do the same on the other pair of pipes and you'll have a big flow over the shower.

Use eco Aquamax 16000 perhaps.

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... es%201.jpg[/img]
Bob if i cut it were you said the water would go every were.How would i stop that.Could i cut were you said and put all 4 bottom drains on there own side valve.That would give me 2 4ins bottom drains free to go over shower.Is it a big job and is there any one you no who could do it.Thanks mate derek
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Del,

Thats what i was thinking of like Bob has pointed out.You could drain the pond down a bit (depending on how low that pipe is) or even remove the bottom drain lids and plug the holes :idea: all you need is perhaps a guy who does ponds and can dive.....any thoughts Jules :shock: :?:
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Gazza wrote:Hi Del,

Thats what i was thinking of like Bob has pointed out.You could drain the pond down a bit (depending on how low that pipe is) or even remove the bottom drain lids and plug the holes :idea: all you need is perhaps a guy who does ponds and can dive.....any thoughts Jules :shock: :?:
Thanks gazza i would have to drop the pond 3ft mate big job. I think plus would have to turn all the filters off how long have i got there are beads filters.Thanks derek
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Get some cheap swimming pools off of ebay, or similar

Pump some of the pond out into them

Cut the 4" pipe

Block off one of the 4" pipes by the 'T' with a rubber boot 'end'. This will then seperate the 4" pipes

Fit a rubber boot bend to the other 4" pipe and straight into a 4" to 2" reducer and valve, already pre glued and dried in advance.

Pump back water into pond

All done inthe same day
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:Get some cheap swimming pools off of ebay, or similar

Pump some of the pond out into them

Cut the 4" pipe

Block off one of the 4" pipes by the 'T' with a rubber boot 'end'. This will then seperate the 4" pipes

Fit a rubber boot bend to the other 4" pipe and straight into a 4" to 2" reducer and valve, already pre glued and dried in advance.

Pump back water into pond

All done inthe same day
Bob wish it was that easy mate.Will make some calls and see if i can get it done so i have to spare bottom drains.But thanks mate.
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

If it were my pond I would dive on the pool remove the bottom drain lid and bung with a 4 inch expanding plug. The koi could stay where they are and no water would be lost. I would then cut the 4 inch pipe and fit a rubber tee. Fit a 4 inch to 2 inch reducer and come off that with a 2 inch ball valve. You can the use this to feed the showers. Should take about 3 hours.
Good luck.

Jules
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Jules wrote:If it were my pond I would dive on the pool remove the bottom drain lid and bung with a 4 inch expanding plug. The koi could stay where they are and no water would be lost. I would then cut the 4 inch pipe and fit a rubber tee. Fit a 4 inch to 2 inch reducer and come off that with a 2 inch ball valve. You can the use this to feed the showers. Should take about 3 hours.
Good luck.

Jules
Can you do it then jules.. :roll: :D
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Del,

Yes i would go the Jules way all you need is a diver with some bungs and a bit of pond knowledge :wink:

Now this guy springs to mind but he is getting on now and i am not sure he still does it :lol: :wink:

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... ules~0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... ules-2.jpg[/img]
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Gazza wrote:Hi Del,

Yes i would go the Jules way all you need is a diver with some bungs and a bit of pond knowledge :wink:

Now this guy springs to mind but he is getting on now and i am not sure he still does it :lol: :wink:

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... ules~0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... ules-2.jpg[/img]
Jules could you put all the bottom drains on there own side valves. :D Thanks derek.Plus you can see your fav koi. :wink:Thats if you want the job mate. :roll: :D :wink:The koi could stay where they are and no water would be lost. :D :D :D :D
Attachments
koi 6666666666666.jpg
koi 6666666666666.jpg (53.82 KiB) Viewed 16071 times
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Del,

This shot was taken a few year back so i don't know if he still looks as good :lol: :wink:
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Gazza wrote:Del,

This shot was taken a few year back so i don't know if he still looks as good :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

delboy wrote:
Jules wrote:If it were my pond I would dive on the pool remove the bottom drain lid and bung with a 4 inch expanding plug. The koi could stay where they are and no water would be lost. I would then cut the 4 inch pipe and fit a rubber tee. Fit a 4 inch to 2 inch reducer and come off that with a 2 inch ball valve. You can the use this to feed the showers. Should take about 3 hours.
Good luck.

Jules
Can you do it then jules.. :roll: :D
Jules did you get my email about the job :roll: .Thanks derek :wink:
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Derek I have jusy walked throught the door from driving my new toy back from Germany. I will catch up with work emails tomorrow, but provisionaly yes I can do it and I can let you know when if you can wait till tomorrow. Need my bed and a glass of "medicinal" :wink: :lol:

Jules
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Jules wrote:Derek I have jusy walked throught the door from driving my new toy back from Germany. I will catch up with work emails tomorrow, but provisionaly yes I can do it and I can let you know when if you can wait till tomorrow. Need my bed and a glass of "medicinal" :wink: :lol:

Jules
Sorry mate. :oops: Yes i can do it. :D :D :D :wink: