BAKKI SHOWER AS ADD ON.

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

BAKKI SHOWER AS ADD ON.

Post by delboy »

Hi im thinking about adding Bakki Shower to my pond.I am think of putting it on the side of the pond just as it goes back in the pond via the venturi was just go to cut in to pipe and run it over the bakki shower about 4000 gal a hour running over it..The water is at the end of the bead filters so it has gone in the sieve in the bead filter and in the sand filter.What would the benefits be is it worth it. thanks derek,PS it will be 4 tier one with 8 boxes of BHM in it,
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Del,

That's going to be pretty clean water going over the shower, so apart from adding oxygen to the water, not sure what other benifits you'd get. You may also lose some of the output, as you'd now have to pump 'up' another metre in height.

Could you pump a skimmer over it as well, or another drain/pump to add some 'unclean' water, then you'd get the benifit of cleaning this up and pumping a greater turnover?
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:Del,

That's going to be pretty clean water going over the shower, so apart from adding oxygen to the water, not sure what other benifits you'd get. You may also lose some of the output, as you'd now have to pump 'up' another metre in height.

Could you pump a skimmer over it as well, or another drain/pump to add some 'unclean' water, then you'd get the benifit of cleaning this up and pumping a greater turnover?
I cant go on the skimmer line as the water fall and clarity unit are on it.Does it work better if is unclean water bob.Thanks for your reply bob.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

It's just that your returned water is dam clean anyway, not sure what else the shower could do for you.

I pump a side wall drain and a skimmer direct over my shower. In this way I get additional filtration as the water isnt clean like yours.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:It's just that your returned water is dam clean anyway, not sure what else the shower could do for you.

I pump a side wall drain and a skimmer direct over my shower. In this way I get additional filtration as the water isnt clean like yours.
Thanks BOB. I will try and get some unclean water to go over it aswell.Thanks BOB.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Also is better to have dirty water over them or clean water.What i mean by clean water is filtration water at the end of the line.Thanks derek.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

You can put bottom drain water over a shower direct, without removing any solids.

You can remove the 'lumps' via a seive and then pump it over the shower, which is what I'd prefer to do.

You can take mid water feeds which are likely to have no solids anyway. Skimmers with the main debris removed from the skimmer basket is also good.

Clean water from the end of the filtration may mean that there is little for the media to actually do.

A mixture of a few of these, adding therefore to the turnover of the pond would work well.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:You can put bottom drain water over a shower direct, without removing any solids.

You can remove the 'lumps' via a seive and then pump it over the shower, which is what I'd prefer to do.

You can take mid water feeds which are likely to have no solids anyway. Skimmers with the main debris removed from the skimmer basket is also good.

Clean water from the end of the filtration may mean that there is little for the media to actually do.

A mixture of a few of these, adding therefore to the turnover of the pond would work well.
Thanks Bob for your input mate.Cant used the bottom drains as the go in to the 2 seive.Also bob on the skimmer line is the water fall and the clarity unit so if i cut in to that i will not have the flow over the shower.I can cut in two the line just before it goes in the pond.But it is clean water is it still worth buying if i used clean water would i get the same benifits as if it was dirty water, :roll:
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

delboy wrote:
Bob Hart wrote:You can put bottom drain water over a shower direct, without removing any solids.

Thanks Bob for your input mate.Cant used the bottom drains as the go in to the 2 seive.Also bob on the skimmer line is the water fall and the clarity unit so if i cut in to that i will not have the flow over the shower.I can cut in two the line just before it goes in the pond.But it is clean water is it still worth buying if i used clean water would i get the same benifits as if it was dirty water, :roll:
I couldnt say Del, most people use the shower as filtration, with clean water I cant see it doing too much.

Maybe if those 'Far Infa Rays' do exist, you'd get the benifit of those. Plus of course the aeration.

I'd find a way of getting some more flow from the pond to the shower. You 'might' be able to cut into your bottom drain pipework after the 4" valve, put a 'T' then a 2" valve, then a pump and suck more water through the drain and up and over the showers. If you have 2 bottom drains, you could do it on both????
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:
delboy wrote:

I couldnt say Del, most people use the shower as filtration, with clean water I cant see it doing too much.

Maybe if those 'Far Infa Rays' do exist, you'd get the benifit of those. Plus of course the aeration.

I'd find a way of getting some more flow from the pond to the shower. You 'might' be able to cut into your bottom drain pipework after the 4" valve, put a 'T' then a 2" valve, then a pump and suck more water through the drain and up and over the showers. If you have 2 bottom drains, you could do it on both????
Thanks BOB.I have 4 bottom drains 2 each go it to the seives so i cant go in to them it would be to much work.I think the only way is clean water that why i asked is it worth it mate.If it good BOB for my koi and pond i will put one on.I dont not want to throwing my money away mate that why i am asking every one who got one for there input. :roll:Thanks mate.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Could you not come off of the sieve in some way either a joint connection or another connection into the sieve :?: :idea:

Is the bottom drain pipework too close to cut in or without a valve :?:

Just thinking out load Del
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Gazza wrote:Could you not come off of the sieve in some way either a joint connection or another connection into the sieve :?: :idea:

Is the bottom drain pipework too close to cut in or without a valve :?:

Just thinking out load Del
Hi gazza can i come off the sieve dont no mate as any one do it before.Gazza 2 bottom drains go from two to one 4 ins pipe in to the sieve it has one side valve on it.Thanks mate hope i can do some think mate.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

2 x 4" bottom drain pipework into one 4" pipe before it enters the seive - pity you cant find a way to split them up. One to seive, 1 to shower. If you was able to do this on both of them, you'd have 2 outlets to the shower.

If it were me, I know I'd get wet, but somehow I'd connect into one of those pipes and feed another pump, to pump up to the shower. Can you post any pictures of the pipework, perhaps we could all have a think then. J

ules is good with idea's, I'm sure he'd come up with a way.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:2 x 4" bottom drain pipework into one 4" pipe before it enters the seive - pity you cant find a way to split them up. One to seive, 1 to shower. If you was able to do this on both of them, you'd have 2 outlets to the shower.

If it were me, I know I'd get wet, but somehow I'd connect into one of those pipes and feed another pump, to pump up to the shower. Can you post any pictures of the pipework, perhaps we could all have a think then. J

Wish i could go in there aswell mate.I will take some photo in the morning mate and post for every one to see if or what i can do.Thanks Bob.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Bob Hart wrote:2 x 4" bottom drain pipework into one 4" pipe before it enters the seive - pity you cant find a way to split them up. One to seive, 1 to shower. If you was able to do this on both of them, you'd have 2 outlets to the shower.

Bob and gazza here are the pictures for you.
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... k006-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork007.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork009.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork010.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... k013-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork016.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork017.jpg[/img]
These 7 pictures are of one side of the filter house were they is two bottom drains are going into the seive.And the picture of the pond is were it would be sitting the shower
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork020.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork021.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork022.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork020.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork024.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q12/robe ... ork024.jpg[/img]
These 4 pictures are on the other side of the filter house were they is two bottom drains are going into the seive.And the picture of the pond is were it would be sitting the shower