Completed Pond Build

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Louie
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Completed Pond Build

Post by Louie »

I finally got around to resizing the pictures of my recent pond build and here's a few that show parts of it. The first and last one's really show the transformation! 3 on this post and 3 more on one after this.
The digging out, base, pipework, filters and a little of the block and brick work were done by myself. I had a friend do almost all of the block and brick work and another did the screeding and rendering.I then called upom the services of Bob Hart for the glassing. I also continually pestered him for advice which he readily gave. Thanks Bob!
I have learnt a HUGE amount from doing this and would change just about everything I have done if I could start again! :oops: It's all fine now but I would have benefited a great deal from getting someone to come around and advise me on the layout of everything beforehand. If I ever do another then it'll be a damn sight better organised than this was!!
There's not a lot of surface area but it's just about seven feet deep and I reckon that's plenty! Just over 2200 gallons. I'm using an Easy Pod on it's own at the moment along with a pressurised filter on the skimmer line. I have a Powerbead 85 bead filter which I will be adding after the Pod before we get to spring.
Thanks to everyone who as given me advice, and once again especially to Bob Hart. I can't recommend him enough!
Roll on warmer weather!!
Louie
Louie
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Couple more pics

Post by Louie »

My lawn's ruined now as a result of having a temp pool on the grass along with all the stuff I dug out. :( But summer will sort that out! :D
Cost?? Well, with all the filters etc I reckon it came to about two and a half grand. :shock: More than I was expecting! But a lot cheaper than having it built, so I'm happy. Hope you approve.
Louie
jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by jason-m »

Looks great, i bet you are really pleased with the result..

My only concern would be the dodgy bloke in the pics... :lol:
Louie
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Louie »

Poor old Bob! Gazza told me that Bob "is an old grey haired man" which he may be (well, grey, anyway!)....But he does do a damn fine job!!
I told him I wouldn't post any pics of him but thought this one was OK. I have got some of him showing his "builders bum" and might use them later to coerce him into any favours I might need!!! :D :D :D
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

Great Job Louie, and You are right Old Bob dont do a bad job, He needs the money to top up His state pension :lol:
Justin
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Told you he was old and Grey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats come on well and i bet your pleased its all over and now you just have to wait for summer to enjoy it fully :D
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

I put those 'highlights' in deliberatly!!!!!

You've done agreat job there Rob and learnt a lot as you've said. Most of us would change something on our ponds, I think that's what learning is all about. Hope the Koi are happy in their new home