Bottom Drais #2

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

vippymini
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by vippymini »

at half the price of the spindrifter i would say thats a 2 for 1 offer. see if they can email you a couple of photos of the aerator attached to the drain. you can then give us all a look.
it takes the first person to buy one then there will be others from this forum (most lurking in the background) that will splash out the cash for a good deal.

I'm sure jules will give his expert opinion on any details you can get.
TimHall
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by TimHall »

Thanks for the opinions, its not really the money that worries me although it is a factor, what really worries me is when it fails underneath 5000 gallons of water a liner and surrounded by concrete.

Talking with my friend last night I think I’m going for a single spindrifter so I don’t have to have any air line running into the pond but what do you think about positioning. I remember Jules saying if you have an aerated drain in the middle of a pond it will cut the pond in two thus you would need two skimmers. Offset to one end?

Thanks

Tim
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Tim one way around this is to put the air pump on a timer. You can buy IP56 rated sockets with times in for this purpose if your electrics/air pumps are out side. You can stop the air dome for periods through out the day so the circulation of the pool will take surface debris to your skimmer.
I usualy use 1 skimmer line for UV and heater and the other skimmer circuit for circulation.

Jules