Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by emmaandaj »

BST? :?:
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

Gazza, I fill a hole in the wallet coming on. I reckon You will get another box of BHM in there no sweat. You will £140 lighter when You fit that new shower :lol:
I have two box`s (20kilo) In My home made shower on My 550 gallon tank and I throw food at it. Everytime I pass I feed the Koi. My parameters never budge they are always just where I want them.
I reckon I can squeeze another box into My filters. I will try if this rotten weather sorts itself out and I can go to work and earn some money. Snowed off last week and it looks like rain will stop play this week. Oh the joys of bricklaying
Justin
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Come on you've actually seen the BST in action.....Bin Shower Tower :lol:

Hi Justin,

Sorry thew weather is holding you off but at least you get time to feed the little ones :D i am sure i have more than i box in the BST but its hard to work out but it does look like the new Showers will hold more which is a result....i think :lol:
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

You can never have to much filtration. Means You wont think twice about throwing that extra handful of food in.
Where do You buy Your BHM from? As there isnt many stockist about.
I think Yumekoi is one of the main dealers.
I bought My BHM aswell as a few nice Koi from Darren at A4koi in reading. www.a4koi.com Link is well worth a look if only to see His two step Sansai Kohaku from Matsue " Stunning"
Justin
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Dont worry Gazza, I have some BHM spare you can have if needed
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Justin,

I have got the BHM from Mike (Yumekoi) before but it looks like me old mate has come up trumps again :wink:

What a Diamond of a bloke :D :wink:
emmaandaj
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by emmaandaj »

Hi Gazza,

Sorry mate-im with you now! Can i ask a silly question!-could you use a shower with bhm as a sole filter system if the correct size for the pond? Was reading up on the bakki showers and was just wondering how you get on with your growing on tank? I can understand the biological side but does it take the fines out and if so how???? Also am i right in thinking that you can chuck dirty water over bhm and it still requires no maintenance???

Cheers Andy
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

Nice one Gazza it certainly pays to have great mates :wink:
If You get a chance, have a look at the link I gave You. Really nice bloke, cracking Koi and we dont run a bad forum either :lol:
A trip down to his place is well worthy of one of Your day trips
Justin
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Yes i run my BST directly from the bottom drain and to be honest i can keep the water fairly clean and with very good parameters but it will go a bit off when i feed heavy (and i mean heavy) but i can clear this up with a small piece of foam above the top of the BHM if needed :D

Yes you can and people do have pond's which are just Showers but these are best inside or insulated because of the wind chill here are a couple of Link's:

http://www.yumekoi.com/appraisals.html

http://www.yumekoi.com/articles/bkks_2003.pdf
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Justin,

Looks like we better have a look as this could well become a Koi Quest day out as we do like the odd outing :wink:
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

If ever You fancy it You will be meet with a warm welcome, and plenty of cracking Koi
Justin
teesdale_koi
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by teesdale_koi »

i can vouch for that nice bloke with brilliant setup, plus is running blood tests his koi like mike,
simon