poorly fish

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

dizzykoi
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

poorly fish

Post by dizzykoi »

I have what appears to be a very poorly possibly terminal goromo its been struggling for a couple of days its been laid on the bottom with its fins clamped in I have scraped it 4 times and found nothing it is now in my portable vat 30gall in 1 and 1/2 oz of salt with 2 air stones but it has a swim for about 10 secs and then rolls onto its side I do not want to put it to sleep till its absolutely the last measure but I fear that may be the kindest thing to do?????
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: poorly fish

Post by Duncan »

hi there

any chance you can get us some photo's

have you tried Chloramine T ? if its bacterial C/T is a great option
dizzykoi
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by dizzykoi »

overnight in said salt bath what a difference this morning you would have said there was nothing wrong will keep an eye on him for a few days
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

that's good news

dunc
dizzykoi
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by dizzykoi »

unfortunately 3 days later I went to the pond to find it floating that sounds like I only look at the pond on occasions not the case it just only lasted 3 days put it back in a salt bath to no avail it lasted approx 2 mins and it floated and it was struggling so had to put it sleep not a happy bunny.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

sorry to hear that, did you photo it

dunc
dizzykoi
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by dizzykoi »

sorry I was a little upset it had been in our photo show some weeks earlier and it was fit and well my only other observation was it had under its pecs a small patch about the size of 2 50p's of soft mushy skin???? one of our more skilled men said it was probably a bacterial infection that it would not survive and I doing the right thing that put my mind at ease but didn't make me feel any better.cheers Dunc see you at the national if you are going.