new treatment

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

new treatment

Post by Duncan »

Morning questers
im thinking deep and hard about a treatment that will do everything parasite wise and maybe bacterial wise as well

forget KMNO4 that dog is not going to hunt, it will tear itself apart with anything that you put with it and the thing you put with it
so I have my own thoughts but some of you may have some useful input

so get thinking and I would like to hear your head ramblings however daft they may sound they may have some merit
dunc
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: new treatment

Post by DaveB »

Duncan Our local Dealer recommends a product called combat which they use themselves at double the dosage. It is supposed to lower protozoen parasites and bacterial. I am not sure what is in it but when it hits the water it turns a brillant green ( not malachite green). It does seem to pick the koi up when there are a bit off colour and you can,t find any parasites. Just for the record it works quite well at double the dose. But for a 5400 gallon pond is quite expensive. unfortunarley it does nowt against flukes.
The Prazi treatment together with formalin & malchite green seems to cover most parasites and surely the malachite would also lower the bacterial count. I now know I have gill flukes from last season in my pond although only one or two koi are showing signs of head down. Not much flicking going on but I just know they are still there. I am toying with the idea of hitting the pond twice with Prazi + formalin & malachite before the end of the season. Best regards Dave