open the ultrazone

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

open the ultrazone

Post by Duncan »

im planning on opening the ultrazone up to registered members that are logged on, the reason being im trying to save koiquest forum and feel the closed area put folks off from coming here

if you have any objections please make them known if you have put stuff on the closed section you would rather not be seen either delete it yourself or again make it known to me and I will delete the content
thanks for your support
dunc
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: open the ultrazone

Post by Geoff9 »

Hi Duncan
Not too sure if it's the ultrazone that stops people coming to the forum, more to do with yourself, Gary, Bob, Annett and a few others not posting and that use to keep the forum ticking over till someone comes up with a problem,

I haven't put anything on here that I wouldn't say to anyone so you can open it as far as I'm concerned.

Regards Geoff
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

hi Geoff

the last time I asked greg had some exception so I may go find his posts and edit them if he does not come by

I have to get koiquest back where it belong at the top

dunc
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Geoff9 »

Hi Duncan
Greg as packed up and sold up so he won't be back, I agree Koiquest needs to be working full time again, it's been missed by a lot of people, pleased your getting back into it Duncan.

Regards Geoff
Dave Collins
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Dave Collins »

I for one would be pleased to see the forum back to it's former state :)
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

thanks for the support Dave
dunc
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Go forth and spread the knowledge mate. Looking forwards to the rebirth of the best forum out there
Koiette
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by Koiette »

Yawn....

Who kicked the bucket I live in....

Glenn pointed this out to me.

I always said for any forum to be successful you need a broad range of people. Look at the most successful clubs. They have a real mix of people, people interested in the topic, some passionate about the topic, and often the people who held it all together by not giving a toss about the topic, but enjoyed the social side of things, and supported their other half... Those who did the underground stuff, the catering, book keeping, the getting drinks.... As I said about twenty years ago? (Probably longer), when Glenn stopped competition shooting, a hobby he did and I never took any part in, and he got into koi, I had a choice. Get involved or not. I got involved. I didn't really want anything to do with fish, but I liked people....

So, I did the people side, Glenn did the fish side.... And it worked.

There was another koi forum (koi chat) which was the most powerful koi forum at its time, it was awesome. One of our posts had over 28,000 views. (Bear in mind this was some fifteen? years ago). Someone complained about me talking non-koi stuff and a part was closed down. I lost interest with forums, infact, I've just asked Glenn about koi chat, and he told me it's been close down. I rest my case, and this is not meant snotty, unkind or anything. They just need a good mix of people. Koi clubs need a good mix of people.

A classic comment from gatwick gary once "I dunno, I offer the biggest discounts this weekend and it gets twenty views, koiette naked with her arse covered by dustpan she got as a present from mark and sue chatter gets 180 views....."

But it's funny, and gary moaning about his weekend getting twenty views, and my arse getting 180 views..... I am sure I made a post how I thought it was funny, and gatwick gary got people laughing.... He got noticed I a round about way...

That's the classic joy of a forum.

I am sure people remembered the joys and stuff of our first trip to Japan? People were logging on at 3.30pm uk time, so I could moan about how bored I was, Glenn was asleep on the nasty, uncomfortable bed behind me, koi hunting all day, and before he'd wake up whinging, I'd post pictures of our day.... Not all koi stuff.... So people got the feel of our trip.

I personally think social forums like Facebook have damaged a lot of forums, but they will have their day, and people will eventually become socially aware of what information we put out there. Then we'll all be looking for private/not so private forums again.

I am aware that koi quest is a well respected forum and would be missed if it was gone.

Duncan, you have our support whatever you chose. I know glenn logs in regularly. Could I dust of the leopard print from fifteen years ago? Dunno, it's not so easy to be a nutter when you are my age.... Another 10 years and I'll be able to get away with being a nutter again!

Much love,

Annette

Aka koiette

Aka oldette.....

Xx
Koiette
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by Koiette »

Classic comment from another site when I asked if it's ok to electrocute children with an electric fence.....

I had to refrain from saying more. Annette, love seeing your posts. Always bring a smile to my face :)

Hahaha! Just had to share.....

Xx
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Annette, still got the leopardskn emery board you sent me years ago, still in it's sellophane wrapper. Can't remember if that was through koi quest or koi chat. Remember one post where you got slated by an ex cop for walking your dog. I stuck up for you and the PM I got from him will last in my memory for years. Would love to listen to your ramblings again , however mad they are!
Glenn
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by Glenn »

Don't encourage her Stuart LOL, she's still around
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Geoff9 »

How are the Chickens Koiette.

Kind regards Geoff
Koiette
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by Koiette »

Hi, they are great, the ducks, doves and geese also! Oh, and the horses and reindeer, along with the usual cats and dogs....

If i ever need a divorce, I just chuck a duck in the koi pond! Why presto! Instant divorce! :lol:

Koiette!