Dietary supplement trial

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dietary supplement trial

Post by Manky Sanke »

I have no commercial interest in this but with my passion for disseminating good, accurate knowledge about better koi husbandry, I've been asked if I will help to set up trials for a dietary supplement. This one has antimicrobial properties and will provide an enhanced immune system against a range of common pathogens.

I've reviewed the papers detailing the research that has already been undertaken by various scientific bodies and it looks impressive.

What is now required is a few koi keepers who have two unheated ponds containing similar quality koi.

The manufacturer will supply the supplement (FOC of course) and the idea is to feed one pond with your usual brand of koi food and the other with the same brand but soaked with the supplement and compare the results over an extended period.

If anyone is interested in taking part in this trial please PM me your contact details.