Kangei koi club grow and show

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

mit
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Kangei koi club grow and show

Post by mit »

Hi, today was the first grow and show competition organised for the members of Kangei koi club, which covers the Herts, Beds and Bucks area, and what a successful day it was. :D I organised the event with the help of Pam and Steve from Avenue fisheries, who very kindly offered to run the competition for us, and also offered a £200 koi voucher for the winning koi. You can't ask more than that! The koi were all £45 each, with various varieties on offer. A total of 25 koi up to 30cm were chosen by club members to be grown on over winter by Avenue, until Easter. The winning koi will be chosen on it's development, as opposed to growth, which evens the playing field a little what with the different varieties. The second prize will be based on the best growth.
I'm really excited to see how they do, but i bet the time will fly by if recent months are anything to go by. :roll:
A big thanks to Avenue Fisheries for such a great day, and to all our members who joined in, especially the ones who managed to drag their other halves along to! :lol:
As a bit of fun, it would be nice to get your opinion as to which koi you think will show the best development, and growth. Please have a look at our website if you have the time. :wink:

http://www.kangeikoiclub.com/2012/10/ou ... -show.html

Thanks, Tim