Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

sieve pump fed or gravity

Post by DaveB »

Hi folks
I have recently removed my BB3 filter off my skimmer as I feared something may have been building up on the bottom and I can,t see inside. The set up is now skimmer-pump-shower. I am now beginning to loose the clarity in the water( all this dead blanketweed floating about is not helping) I am now looking for something to polish the water. However I need something which I can clean with ease and see inside occationally. ( Its a piece of mind thing) This will be something to fit prior to my shower. My thoughts have been either a sieve or an easy pond. Unfortunately I only have 2 entries into the pond wall on that side of the pond 11/2" , & 2" so I will either have to 1 pump feed the units or cut a 4" hole into the pond and wonder if this is even possible.
One other idea is to Use exsisting pipework on main filtration which has a T peice from BD/ and a high suction which has been permenantly shut and could be used. However has this pipework is all 12 years old disturbing it might be to my demise. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Re: sieve pump fed or gravity

Post by eds »

Can you adapt the skimmer to gravity feed and then feed that into a sieve or pod? I've bought one of those black skimmers and am going to convert it using a 6" to 4" rubber flexible connector (http://www.plastics-express.co.uk/produ ... r_P-PTE650) so I can gravity feed into my filter.
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: sieve pump fed or gravity

Post by DaveB »

Nit really the skimmer is half incased in the pond wall and I fear if I tamper with this then I could quite easily breach the wall and then I would be in a right fix. Nice idea though.