This how a vet does it

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

This how a vet does it

Post by tomy2ponds »

I cant say I'm impressed long video 30 minuets plus your thoughts please,on the sedating scraping and treatment.the ultrasound was interesting though

http://www.vimeo.com/33326419
baz
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: This how a vet does it

Post by baz »

well lee
just seen a bit of this and i for one would not sedate more than one at a time,also would not scrape more than one koi with the same slide(if i did use a scope slide)
and not put a glass scpoe slide into the gills
but thats me
regards baz
welsh_kai_boy
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by welsh_kai_boy »

Lee, I agree it's not a good video.
Mattybkic
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Mattybkic »

Points well raised and reasons for on Koi Forum Lee

Matthew
Koi Man Dave
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Koi Man Dave »

I cannot beleive the way the guy is holding the fish in the air he should place it on a mat, also i agree i would never sedate more than one koi at a time.

If its just a scape on the body i dont sedate the koi for this as it takes seconds to carry out, a gill scrape i tend to sedate them so theres less chance of causing damage to the gill and the cover plate as this is easly snapped if care is not taken.

scraping more than one koi this is possibly fine as the chances are if one koi has parasites then the others will have them as well.
As for the Gill scrape i wouldnt use the same slide for that and it would have to be a plastic slide for me less chance of causing damage.