Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

jasonmarshall
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

nexus overflowing

Post by jasonmarshall »

hi can anyone help?

Ive got a problem with my pond that I have not seen before and its baffling me, I wondered if anyone could help?

I have a nexus easy 200 filter pump fed, I have been having a few problems with it blocking up daily in the center, so last weekend I totally cleaned it bio and everything, I found that the bio chamber was pretty dirty at the bottom so I cleaned it all out and thought my pump 90litre was not enough to agitate and keep the water flowing so I bought a new air pump 160 lts.
I fitted it this afternoon and an hour later noticed all my kaldness floating in the pond (the whole lot) so when I took the lid off the outer chamber mesh was being blocked by the kaldness and had overflowed in to the outlet back to the pond. I scooped it all out and put it back in and its done the same again tonight, I have never seen this before any ideas?
is 160 ltr air pump too big for the filter?
boogatee
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Re: nexus overflowing

Post by boogatee »

I was not aware that it was possible for the outer chamber to block? how much K1 do you have in it? does your outlet have a standpipe installed? can you post a picture?
jasonmarshall
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by jasonmarshall »

its ok aparently the air pump is far too big i have put the 90l back on and its fine.

regards

jason
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

If you lower the air ring it will stop the crud settling out in the bio section as it will agitate the water down there. With the air ring being on those feet it can create a still area in the bottom of the bio chamber.