Fluke M

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

emmaandaj
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Fluke M

Post by emmaandaj »

Hi Guys,

Spotted a fish yesterday flashing-pulled a few out today for some scrapes and have found flukes! Ive been reading the other posts regarding fluke treatments- i have a plenty of fluke M is it ok to treat at 8 degrees? Also i read on one of the posts you have to mix it with acetone-how much do i need to mix with a 5,500 gallon sachet? And also where do i get acetone from?

Many thanks Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: Fluke M

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

You found something then :wink:

I am not 100% on Fluke M as i have never used it but know of many who have and still had to treat and re treat but its what you have so you will have to go with it.

You dose with Acetone @ 10ml per 1000gls and its basically nail varnish if however you do get stuck mate i do have some here and some Flunonel (the proper stuff) if you need it mate.
emmaandaj
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by emmaandaj »

Hi Gazza,

Just wanted to thankyou for the advise earlier today-ive treated the main pond, fingers crossed :wink:

Cheers Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

No problem mate anytime :D

Just keep an eye on them now and see how it goes and let us know how it goes.
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Gazza wrote:Hi Andy,

You found something then :wink:

I am not 100% on Fluke M as i have never used it but know of many who have and still had to treat and re treat but its what you have so you will have to go with it.

You dose with Acetone @ 10ml per 1000gls and its basically nail varnish if however you do get stuck mate i do have some here and some Flunonel (the proper stuff) if you need it mate.
Just to clarify, isnt acetone nail varnish remover :?:
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Stu,

Yes it sure is :D