which pond liner??

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

brucey77
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

which pond liner??

Post by brucey77 »

Hi all, im rebuilding my koi pond i inherited off my dad.. im using a pond liner but dont know much about them. Does anyone know anything about firestone pondgard, epalyn or epdm liners?
my budget wont stretch to a buytl liner and dont want to use pvc... Ive found a website http://www.flexibleliningproducts.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which seems to be the cheapest, has anyone bought from here??? or know of anyother place to buy from?? Thanks lee.
GERRY5
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Re: which pond liner??

Post by GERRY5 »

hi brucey, welcome to koi quest firstly,,, i believe boddington koi sell a fair bit of the firestone liners so it may be worth looking at there site for comparison, but theres always a but aint there , a lot depends on how long you want this pond to last , most here would recommend getting a price for fibreglassing the pond which will last a good 25 years or more and can work out as cheap as a quality liner , brings the old saying ..do it once do it right , having said that many people are happy with a quality liner as well, a question of you pays yer money you gets yer choice .....good luck and we like piccys on here so keep us up to date as you progress ....
brucey77
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by brucey77 »

thanks for the reply gerry, i would love to build a fibreglassed pond but my budget definatley wont go that far!!!!as soon as i start i will post some pics, thanks again lee.
colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by colin »

Hi Brucey,

What are the dimensions of the pond? Just out of interest?

Col
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

I've just used a greenseal (EPDM) liner on a mate's pond and it seemed a very good quality and easy to lay as it stretched just enough where needed. Much easier to lay than the last butyl one I put into a pond! I'll probably be using a box-welded EPDM one on my new pond.
st3v3
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by st3v3 »

i bought from the same people as those in your link,only 3 weeks ago,spot on they were., delivered in two days to the door.
Spend the little bit more and get the underlay like i did, there was so much i folded the stuff over twise, no way is that gonna let anything through.
Incidently, i went for the 1.00mm thick by firestone,with the underlay as said.

http://www.flexibleliningproducts.co.uk/120900.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

steve.
brucey77
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by brucey77 »

Hi, the dimensions of the pond will be 10' x 8' x 4' with a header pond of 5' x 3' x 2' to feed the bottom pond via a waterfall... i dont know wether to go for a epalyn liner or greenseal any ideas anyone.... thanks for the posts guys really appricate it lee.
colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by colin »

If it has to be a liner of any type, go for a boxweld liner..... If not you will regret it in the end........

Col