Post by Gazza »

See i told you it was easy now just sit back and keep an eye on things :D

Good to see you today Ben although on your own...... :wink:
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Re: RO Alterations

Post by benyiii »

Good to see you today Ben although on your own......
Not you as well :( :lol:
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Sorry mate coulnt resist :D

Well you have gone "soft" on us :roll: :lol:
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by benyiii »

:lol: :lol: 8)
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Guys,

Just an update

The unit is still working spot on and i am well pleased with the results so far this must be about the longest i have had a unit running without any problems :D
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Guys,

Another little update and the unit is still functioning very well with a good flow rate and the same membranes which is great :D

Today i changed out the pre filters on the unit which i have left for a while to see how long they would last as i would normally change these out every month and the sediment one sometimes more :shock: Normally the fist sediment filter would go brown in a few weeks well this lot have been in since the 6.4.10 yes months they have been running and you will see from the colour of the sediment filter its hardly changed so the water softener before hand must be doing a great job :D

Weird Fish
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Weird Fish »

Thats impressive 8) also changed mine yesterday but it was dark brown after 5weeks of use :shock: . What kind of water softener are you using?

James
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi James,

I just have a small manual water softener which i got from Allan at http://www.purewaterproducts.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who is also looking in at sourcing some more as they defiantly make a difference :D
Weird Fish
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Weird Fish »

Cheers Gazza I'll give Allan a ring when he gets back off his hols. :) Cant find it on the website is it not on there yet? :? How much was it if you don't mind me asking mate?
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

No problem young man :D

They are not on the website as they was just to try and Allan was going to look into sourcing some as a lot of them are expensive and some of these little ones are around £200.
Weird Fish
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Weird Fish »

Thanks for the info Gazza :D
Brockp
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Brockp »

Hi all RO guys/girls;
I have a similar setup, living in Hampshire the water is so hard to make cement you just add sand.

I also pass the water from the fleece/activated carbon/carbon block filters before the RO system. I also had problems with membranes going quickly and my system is auto flushing.

Then I put a resin RIO cartidge before the water gets to the RO system and I hardly ever have to worry about the RO system. I re cycle the resin myself....lots of web sites how to do this.

Why don't we use ion echange resins more ? being a newbe I am sure I have missed a thread.......help :?:

Pete
sakuma2
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by sakuma2 »

hi gazza,
being new to these ro systems and wanting the membranes to last, i too live in a hard water area, can you tell me if your softener is a twin pod type or some type of modified one thats used in a household ? what sort of maintenance is required ? do you need a particular flowrate through it, do you fit the softener before the pre filters or after ? sorry for all the questions, but if you dont ask you dont get.
thanks
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Sakuma,

I have a very small softener and will probably have to upgrade and will look for an automated one as this one is manual and i can be a bit lazy :shock:

There are lots on the market so it will be best if you can shop around and get one that fits to your RO as they all do X amount of glls before they regenerate and thats when they flush. It all depends on how big your RO unit is and how much water you are using.

You fir the unit before your pre filtration and then the unit will work much more efficiently as RO units like the salt in the water :D
sakuma2
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by sakuma2 »

thanks gazza,
i will have to spend some time looking into softeners