Hi,

How would you filter 7500 gallons?

Thanks......Mart.
GERRY5
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Re: Filter?

Post by GERRY5 »

hi mart, from scratch it all depends on what you want to pay in the long run ...but b\d (aerated)to sieve then easy 300 pumped return with skimmer line to bakki shower with bhm ....just to start and then add on if you need to , remember its impossible to overfiltrate .....then theres ro , ozone ,bead filters , fractioners etc etc etc how far do you go ??????? and more important want do you want your water to do :?: :?:
BUMBLE
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by BUMBLE »

Hi Gerry,

I would like both good quality & clarity.

Also would like to keep an eye on ruuning costs.

Mart.
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by benyiii »

Two BD'S (aerated), one skimmer, ideally two but can compromise to save cost and running cost.

One (or two) skimmer to Bakki shower(s) via sequence 18000
If possible have skimmer(s) gravity fed to sieve.

BD's: two options. If limited on space; each to ultra sieve then bead (eco versions)

If not limited some sort of blockbuilt. Although i do dislike these settlements on basis of difficulty to flush and amount of water used in process. It is my firm belief that regardless of system should flush mechanical ideally daily to at worst twice weekly during summer. So maybe could even try two sieves each pump fed to large blockbuilt bio chambers.

Think this offers a good compromise between running costs, clarity, and achievement.

Ben