bakki shower

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

sonic building
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

bakki shower

Post by sonic building »

Hi I have just bought a s/h single shower and need advice on which pump to use I have 3500g pond. I followed a thread on here a couple of years back regarding pipe pumps anyone using these ?
regards Andy
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: bakki shower

Post by B.Scott »

well according to the BH experts you would want double your pond volume going through the shower so if your tower is 4 foot tall that would be a pump with a nominal out put of about 10-12,000 g/h static and 7,000 at the head.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Yes there are a few guys who are using the pump pipes and hopefully they will see this and gibe you some help :D
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

I haven't got one yet so will be interested to hear some more feedback from others but I'll be getting one for my pond when it's done. Single 33,000lph pump to run a 5,500 gallon pond sounds good to me! And just for 295W!
Brek
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by Brek »

Dunc's convinced me to stick with what I got, if I had the money and wanted a fool proof maintenance free system, bakki showers and drum filters a go go, Might stick some jap matt after my k1 stage, have a spare box to do so. Whats the best tool to cut it with to make the grid as shown in duncans post on the topic?
sonic building
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by sonic building »

I searched the posts on pipe pumps but they stop short of any positive feedback if they are as good as they claim why do we hear so little about them .I might take the plunge and buy one they seem reasonably priced
thanks Andy