Feeding rates for BHM

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Feeding rates for BHM

Post by colin »

Hi all. I've been very interested in BHM now for a fair amount of years. But after all the research I have done on it I can't work out how many kilo's of BHM will support X amount of food????? I guess flow rates play a major part,temperature, but is there a ball park figure out there?
I have just taken delivery of 30kg and would like to know what I can expect? Mike are you about to help me please? Thank you

Col :)
colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Re: Feeding rates for BHM

Post by colin »

Nobody with any help?????

Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Colin,

Sorry i missed this one young man :roll:

I am not sure on the feeding rates but i know they say a single shower can cope with a 4000 - 2000gln pond (this is off the top of my head though) so i would imagine the 2000gln pond would have a heavier load than the 4000 although you can have from 5 -8 boxes of BHM in the shower. One of the main things with a shower is flow rate as this makes the showers work much better when they have a large flow rate.

I know this isn't a feed rate and this is something i have never seen hopefully Mike may see this a pop on and help out.......MIKE :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by colin »

Hi Gazza,

Thanks mate.... I did try phoning Mike today to ask him,but he was away on business,,,,