Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

James WF10
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Underwater Lighting

Post by James WF10 »

Hi,
im thinking of getting some underwater lighting for my pond for myself for xmas!
Pond is 3000 gallon, but ive got no idea what sort of lighting is best. Would quite like a bit of colour in the lights as well.
Does anybody have any recommendations on what lighting/company is best for underwater use please?
Ive no real idea where to start looking.

Thanks

James
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: Underwater Lighting

Post by Gazza »

Hi James,

Not to sure on suppliers but i do know that some people have had it before and the fish have burnt themselves so see if you can get some that don't generate to much heat :idea:
James WF10
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Re: Underwater Lighting

Post by James WF10 »

Cheers Gazza,
after doing a bit of reading it sounds like im better off getting lighting to shine down onto the water anyway rather than be submerged and shine up through the water which shows up any debris in the water. so was thinking of getting the following

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Underwater-Pond-a ... 5d2a6fb5a6

and ill have two shining onto the water from either end and have one submerged in the bottom tier of my water fall shining up onto the water flowing down.

Can anybody confirm if these lights are any good and value for money? or do i get what i pay for and should expect to pay a bit more for better quality?

Cheers

James