Shower Tower?

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Shower Tower?

Post by colin »

Good day everybody. Hope your all enjoying the lovely sunshine?

As per normal I have been thinking a lot about BHM showers and de-gassing towers etc,etc. I know a trickle tower isn't the same thing as a Bakki Shower.
But would a 4ft tall 12in diameter tower filled with BHM work as a shower? Just thinking about price and being practical. Would the tower need vents to re-lease the gasses?
How much media do you think a tower of the dimensions above would hold?
Thanks for now and look forward to your views. :)

Col :D
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: Shower Tower?

Post by Thorny »

As with BHM used in any shower/tower its all down to how much water You are goiung to pump over it. I would say yes Your idea would work, but I would suggest at least 3000 gallons an hour going over it, if You can put more water over it then thats great. You should be able to get 30+ kilos in there.
Justin
colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by colin »

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your input. If I do go for it,I'd be using it on my grow tank of 450gls,was thinking of flowing around 1,500-2,000gls per hr.
The tower in question I was thinking about are the ones that East Riding Koi sell? I believe they are made of PVC. Wondered if that would be strong enough?
What size outlet would suit best? 3 or 4 inch?

Col :D
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

3 inch would work a charm and 2000gallons on a small tank will work well, and give You good results
Justin
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Colin,

I used to have a large TT which i stuffed full of BHM around the same size and i used a 16,000 pump and it worked well and run for years and when i removed it there was no waste at all so yes go for it :D :D
colin
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by colin »

Thanks for the replys guys... :D

One of my concerns was that I thought the point of the showers was air exchange to take place (As well as the sheer volocity onto media?)
But I suppose if you guys are saying go for it, then go for it eventually I shall.

Cheers

Col :)