compact sieve pipework help

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

carlejo
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

compact sieve pipework help

Post by carlejo »

I bought the above mentioned a few weeks ago s/h and started to plumb it in yesterday and have hit a snag.

The intention is to pump directly from skimmer up to sieve and then the outlet from sieve will feed TT of BHM(both also bought s/h), pump being used is a sequence 11,000 pumping to approx 4.5 feet height.

The problem I have is that I can't find the pipework that matches the outlet of the sieve. Ideally I want the same pushfit size if possible and then it can gravity feed from sieve directly over TT....... any suggestion where I an get this pipe, or an alternative ?
cheers
Carl
Graham.
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: compact sieve pipework help

Post by Graham. »

Hi Carl.

I had a Compact sieve once upon a time and as soon as I bought it I took out the black sliding tray and fitted a 2" tank fitting and that way all pipe to the compact was standard 2"

Worked a treat and never looked back, I may have some pics of it so if I do find them i'll upload.

Graham

edit: opps ! just re-read my post and yours again and realised you was talking about the outlet :? nope I never found a bit to match but I think some of the guys that use them simply attached a good old rubber boot fixing onto 3" pipe
carlejo
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by carlejo »

Cheers Graham, it's not the input I'm worried about though it's the exit pipework.......I want to be able to get same pushfit pipe so I can just add it to exit and then gravity feed over TT.

When you removed the black sliding tray thing did your tank connector then fit directly over the slotted area on the sieve as well?
Graham.
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Graham. »

Carl these where my for sale pics.

As you can see the tank bit was inside with a 90 degree bend pointing down, did me a lovely job.