Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

grovsey
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

pond finish on outside

Post by grovsey »

hi all
my raise pond is not coming to the end and im unsure as to was cover the block work in ,i really wanted brick cladding but im really struggling to find this stuff local to me .i was wanting a randon sandstone effect but as i say its not looking good on that one .so i come to thinking about stamped concrete around the outter walls and was wondering if anyone on the forum has done this and if so can you post a pic please .
any other ideas on what i could cover it in except render as the mrs dont like it and she is the boss :wink:
ian
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: pond finish on outside

Post by Thorny »

Concrete press will not work purely down to good old fashioned gravity, whats so hard about building a brickwork skin around the pond :?:
Another alternative would be to hire the skills of a good plasterer and have him render it and then cut a pattern into render.
Justin
grovsey
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: pond finish on outside

Post by grovsey »

i was thinking render but on my pond as i will post the pic i got a raised part ,where the cascade is and if i rendered the wall to match it would be a pain for soaking water i would guess ?
and would have to paint on a regular bases ,hope im wrong on this one as getting to the end of my build and this is the most important feature as will be seen the most