Reconfiguring a shower

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

brother of feeeshpond

Re: Reconfiguring a shower

Post by brother of feeeshpond »

Ed
As you appear to pump from inside the tank, how often do you clean out the bottom of the tank :?:
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

brother of feeeshpond wrote:Ed
As you appear to pump from inside the tank, how often do you clean out the bottom of the tank :?:
I've never had to clean it yet. I have used a net with a leaf scoop to see if there was any debris on the bottom but got nothing. Everytime I do a water change I can see the bottom all the way around to check for dirt too. All I have is a small amount of algae growth there. With the fish moving around, the two air tubes and the flow from the pump nothing seems to be able to settle out at all.
TicToc
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by TicToc »

Hi Ed,

Can you PM me the BHM supplier.

Thanks,
TicToc
brother of feeeshpond

Post by brother of feeeshpond »

Ed
Just can't help thinking if you came from a bottom drain and then pumped into a settlement tank (possibly with k1) or vortex, then your filters(bhm) wouldn't see the crud in the 1st place.
I will try again to upload some phots tomorrow so you can see what I mean.
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

brother of feeeshpond wrote:Ed
Just can't help thinking if you came from a bottom drain and then pumped into a settlement tank (possibly with k1) or vortex, then your filters(bhm) wouldn't see the crud in the 1st place.
I will try again to upload some phots tomorrow so you can see what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean but space doesn't allow it! Everything is inside the greenhouse so there's no room for a vortex or I would have put one in. It would mean that I could have got both heaters, the top-up and the pump out of the tank so I would have done it just for that, never mind settling out any solids. I don't want anything outside the greenhouse as I'd have to sort out an insulated enclosure and a way to get through the glass and I'm sure I'd still lose heat. This way it's all enclosed.
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

TicToc wrote:Hi Ed,

Can you PM me the BHM supplier.

Thanks,
TicToc
I got mine from Darren at A4 koi, but it's all the same price when I searched. I'll probably get my next lot from Mike Snaden at Yumekoi when I go down to Maurice's in the autumn as I won't have to pay any postage then!