new build

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

ajm808
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

new build

Post by ajm808 »

hi all hope to start a new pond friday, just a couple of things do i need more than one bottom drain on 5500 gallons?
the other thing is would it be best to feed two three tier bakki's of one four inch pipe through the pond wall or two x two inch? thanks for any help i want to order stuff tommorow.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: new build

Post by Gazza »

Hi Arthur,

New pond sounds interesting mate :D

You can run that size pond off one drain but it depends on how your having your filtration and what turnover you want.

Are you running just two showers and is there any mechanical filtration :?:

I take it you want to run the showers and then pipe them back to the pond through the wall with pipe and not over a chute so if that was the case i would use 4".
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

How much water are You going to put over each shower ? I would suggest it might be better to run each shower as a seperate thing, ie its own bottom drain or side wall feed, and its own 4" feed back to the pond, Two pumps from one drain can fight against one another if You are pulling maximum volume.
Justin
ajm808
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by ajm808 »

Gazza wrote:Hi Arthur,

New pond sounds interesting mate :D

You can run that size pond off one drain but it depends on how your having your filtration and what turnover you want.

Are you running just two showers and is there any mechanical filtration :?:

I take it you want to run the showers and then pipe them back to the pond through the wall with pipe and not over a chute so if that was the case i would use 4".
sorry lads did'nt say bottom drain to nexus easy 300 , nexus and each shower with a aquamax 16000 pump the old pond works well with this so i thought i would stick with it.
i just want to get pumps for the showers out of the pond.