Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Jon W
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Cetus Sieve Installation

Post by Jon W »

Hi Guys

I'm asking this one on behalf of one of my mates. Going to get all the bits for plumbing in the filters this Saturday. The plan for the filter system is based on each bottom drain gravity feeding a Cetus Sieve, which then feeds 3 vortices (2 fluid K1, 1 Jap matting) and then returns to the pond. The big question is how best to configure the pipework between the Cetus and the rest of the system. Has anyone used either of the configurations for gravity fed systems provided in the Cetus manual where there is a loop around the Cetus to ensure equalisation of flow between the 2 pumps. The concern is that dirty water can bypass the sieve and enter the bio filter. Does anyone know if this happens or whether hydrostatic pressure at the T pieces created by the pumps ensures that only sieved water gets to the rest of the filters.

Thanks

Jon
Thepondman
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: Cetus Sieve Installation

Post by Thepondman »

Full instructions for a dual gravity system can be found here :

http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/Cetus%20Manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
netsukekoi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Re: Cetus Sieve Installation

Post by netsukekoi »

Can't he go pond to sieve to pump to vortexes (ie pump into the vortexes instead of out of them)?

Would mean no need for equalisation but does have the disadvantage that any blcokage of the fluidised bed or after would result in overflow - but you have that risk already.

I have a Cetus and think it is the dogs, but I have it before a pump to a bakki shower. My Nexus is gravity pond to Nexus to pump which also works fine.

The alternative would be to have the vortexes above pond level, pump up from the sieve and then allow gravity to take the water out and back to the pond - this way he could add overflows to each chamber to remove the risk of disaster whilst still keeping the sieve in line with the vortexes.

Martin