Fish paint

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

DidIdothat
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Fish paint

Post by DidIdothat »

I know it's been on here a hundred times but I want to paint my decking around the pond a light cream colour. I have seen some makes the right colour but they are not fish safe. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Ta!

Phil
longboardpete
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Re: Fish paint

Post by longboardpete »

Hi Phil

Sadolin Classic is the one to use, best painted away from the pond if possible though. comes in a good range of colours as well.
DidIdothat
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by DidIdothat »

Thanks Longboard, will have a look for Sadolin Classic.

Phil
DidIdothat
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by DidIdothat »

I know I said I wanted to paint my decking but I want to paint or stain it before I build it. Has everyone used decking that has been tanalized and is this safe?

I can't find anyone who sells it that it is safe. The decking I bought was from Wikes because I thought this had the tightest grain and looked straight without knots. but I am now getting worried about run off into the pond when it rains. There is a constant flow of fresh water, about 200gals a day. Have I got a problem with this.
I do remember a company that was mentioned on the forum some years back from down south that made fish safe stain and preserver but I can't find anything anywhere. Does anyone out there have any Ideas before I make a real cock-up.
By the way Pete I looked at the Sandolin and couldn't find any info on whether it was safe, also the guys in the store couldn't tell me. They gave me all the EU details bt that means sxxxt to me.

Phil
longboardpete
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by longboardpete »

Hi Phil

I went to there website and asked the question "is it safe". If you have any doubts i suggest you do the same, it will come straight from the horses mouth. Tanalised decking is fine as long as you seal it with classic stain.

cheers, Pete
DidIdothat
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by DidIdothat »

Thanks Pete. I'll get in touch with them. You would think that there main stockist would know?

Ta!
Phil