Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Shower Help

Post by Gazza »

OK one for you shower guys out there :D

I have been on about putting a shower on the pond for some time now but as i have a large TT full of BHM i just haven't got round to it,plus for the last few years i have just been tooooo busy :roll:

I will be using the existing pipe work which used to run to the TT and just removing the TT and modifying the pipe work out to the shower.The return to the pond will be cut off and just extended up to the shower.I am also thinking of using the old return from the pond as a mid-water feed over the shower as well.This will all be relatively clean water so no mechanical will be used just pumped directly over the showers.

Now what i would like it to hear what you guys do with your and how you have them fitted.Do you pull from a bottom drain or mid water return :?:

What flow do you pump over the showers :?:

How did you fit them to the pond :?:

Basically any info which may help me along the way would be great guys :D
worthy
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: Shower Help

Post by worthy »

Hi gazza i run a Bakki shower on my pond and my local dealer uses them as well and swears by them and they are also great for polishing the water as well mine is run by an internal pump at the min at 9000liters an hour wich it not really enough idd like about 11000LPH and my local dealer uses an external pump with a pipe wich comes in about half way down the water level and they work great but he is using Bakki house shower media at £120 a box and im using alfarock till buget will alow :lol: hope this helps
ajm808
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by ajm808 »

gazza i have a 16000 aquamax pump of my skimmer and a (not the best idea i know) 16000 aquamax pump in the pond all going over my shower works well .
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Worthy,

Yes BHM can be expensive i am a bit lucky as i already have a large TT with three boxes in it :D

Hi Arthur,

Well i imagine that that is flowing a a fair old rate and works a treat,is this an external shower and do you cover it in the winter :?:
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by benyiii »

Hi

I run effectively a single width shower but its a fiberglass four tier unit with BHM in. I have one aquamax 16,000 over it from bottom drain through sieve which I run all year round. I have just added another 16,000 from skimmer through UV which will run in the summer. All piework is 2". The unit came with one 2" outlet at bottom, to which I have now added a second to. It runs to the waterfall in summer and straight to pond in winter.

I use an old aquosis cover from the old pond to cover it in the winter.

All the best

Ben
ajm808
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by ajm808 »

gazza i just wrap it in plenty of bubble wrap in the winter and just one layer in the summer just to stop the splashing.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Guys,

Great info as always chaps :D

So do some of you have them covered all the time to help with noise as its fairly quiet where i am so wouldn't want it being to loud :?:
worthy
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by worthy »

When i first built mine it was not covered and i could hear it in my bed room and my pond is about 25meters away from the house scine its been wraped in bubble wrap i can open the window and can hardly hear it.

dave339
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by dave339 »

Gazza,

I installed a shower about 3 weeks ago. It’s set up remotely in my shed with 70Kgs BHM (don’t let the wife know how much it cost) and gets 3500g from the skimmer and 3000g from my Nexus 300 for a 6000g pond. The return is gravity fed back to the pond and the shower sits in a plastic tank, with a bottom drain I had spare on the base feeding the return. It was very noisy so is now covered by polycarb and you can’t hear it from outside the shed. I’m away from home at the moment but can post a picture when I get back if it’s helpful.

Dave.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Dave,

Sounds interesting so the shower sits in a tank and i take it thats how the water gets back to the pond.