k1 chamber

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

bradders
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

k1 chamber

Post by bradders »

'ello you bunch of fish lovers,I would like to add 50ltrs k1 and convert my 2nd chamber.Does anyone know an online supplier of any sheet plastic?This will keep the k1 above my outlet pipe to my 3rd chamber.I plan to drill a load of holes through it to let in the water.Is this the way ahead or has someone done it differently?It will be airated,3rd chamber will be static.Cheers.Dave.(not Rodney)
dazzafjr1300
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Re: k1 chamber

Post by dazzafjr1300 »

hello mate i have a spare bit its about 13 inches buy 28 inches 4 mm thick bends nice and wene heated up takes shape you want with a light bend its blue
and was a new wheely bin i cut up its what i used in my cloverleaf to keep in the k1 works really well
i have two bits that size
i am in ipswich and am willing to post it also i did the outlet from top to bottom as the water going over in to other bay with holes just at the top all the k1 is forced to the holes and it builds up and then you lose the movement i am happy to photo it and talk you through what i done as it took a lot of messing about and time to get it right and that was only after going around a fellow members pond telling him what i had done were i was stuck and with the last bit of advise i was there
bradders
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by bradders »

Thats really nice of you cheers but the tank is 36''x24'' and it might be better in one piece,that k1 gets through anywhere and I expect you like me have been down that road before!swearing as the pump cage fills.Good of you to offer though.cheers.A few pics would be great as I need to get this sorted asap,its my first koi pond and want maximum time with the warmer temps coming along for the new system to mature.This will give me confidence to buy some new good quality fish.
Andy H
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Andy H »

Hi, what filter do you have?

I think it is best to have the static before the aerated k1.....
bradders
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by bradders »

Hi Andy,I have a 1000ltr settlement with jap mat and brushes to a 70 gallon airated k1 at the mo,soon to add simular size chamber with static k1 but I'm all ears me beauty,any input would be welcome as why you think static first.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

I have bought sheet plastic fromthese people and used it in my K1 chambers. 8mm holes are a good size to retain the K1 and still allow a good flow of water.

http://www.casupply.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bradders
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by bradders »

Cheers for that Bob,what thickness did you use?,they are showing 2mm&3mm upvc .
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

must have been the 3mm, although I would have guessed at 5mm
Andy H
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Andy H »

I would use the static to catch any crap before it gets to the fluidised k1 as this seems to be the method used by most people/set ups.
The same as most people would use a sieve at the start of the system.
bradders
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by bradders »

After thinking long and hard trawling through the forum I thought I might do away with any plastic sheet and make up a piece of 4'' pipe and grind some slots as shown on a previous thread hope fully you know the one I mean.Does this work ok with fluidised and static? anyone tried this.Cheers.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

4" pipe with slots is a good transfer pipe

You'll need some plastic sheet under the K1 though, otherwise you'll flush it all to waste when cleaning it. Lots of 8mm holes in this sheet, stops the K1 from escaping.