Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Cetus Sieve problem

Post by benyiii »

Hi,

I have a cetus sieve and for some reason it is constantly flooding the screen and the float seems incapable of adjusting to solve the problem. I have an ultra midi also and this can be adjusted and runs absolutely perfectly. However i think im right in saying that you cant adjust the ea one. To be honest im not really sure how it works compared to the midi. What seems to be happening is that the outer case of the sieve is touching the float slightly so that its quite tight and restricted so the float doesn't rise to adjust the flow, it just floods.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or any ideas on what i should do to solve it???

Thanks

Ben
Capt Nemo
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Re: Cetus Sieve problem

Post by Capt Nemo »

HI Ben,

what size pump are you using ?

and is it gravity fed ?

regards
Capt'n
netsukekoi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by netsukekoi »

Mine works fine - though I don't think I get as much water through as I'd like (1x 4" bottom drain - think I'd have been more comfortable with 2).

However, don't understand your problem - ought to be self-adjusting. Jules put a small hole in the float on mine to let water out - is yours heavy? It may have filled with water.

Regards & Good Luck, Martin
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

If it is one of the early models/first production run it may be missing a 5mm hole on each of the pipes that run up from the float. What happens is the pipes become water logged with water (obviously :mrgreen: ) and the 5mm hole in each leg allows it to drain out. The added weight of the water in the pipes is enough to stop the correct function of the weir and allow a back up of water in the sieve creating a top uo.

Remove the screen, drill 1 x 5mm hole just above the float in each upright pipe and use a battery drill driver as water may flow out.

Let us know how you get on.

Jules
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by benyiii »

Hi

Its gravity and pump is 3/4 hp. It was bought only six months ago so dont know what that means as far as it being an early production model. Will get the screen out and have a go.

Thasnks alot for the advice will get back to you.

Ben
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by benyiii »

bump
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Still having problems give mea call.

Jules
benyiii
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by benyiii »

Hi Jules, thanks alot have sold it now, however am interested in the pergola stuff you mentioned, have sent you an email.

Ben