Disguising a Bakki Shower

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

Hi Dave

Couldn't you use the back wall of the shed, 100mm pipe or two, to the pond, then build a frame and cover with whatever.

My pond :roll: plains are all in place, just got to raise the 15 grand that it will cost.

My good lady has agreed to me nicking 15ft of the back of the garden, so it will be 15 X 15 ( the rear wall being somewhat circular so we won't know the true gallonage till it’s finished ), by 9ft deep which will probably be 8.5 ft by the time the slabs in.

So hopefully 8 / 9000 galls :D

Regards

Andy
Davej
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by Davej »

Hi Andy

Thought about mounting externally to the shed etc but lose the benfits of that nice cozy enviroment, did some exploration work and have undone the roof from the walls, (I hope) just need to jack up a foot, add a bit in with some cladding, roof lift done.

You must have been very nice to the Wife to pinch some more garden!! Good news ..

Mike sent me a couple of pics of a remote bakki set up, this one of the fish is pretty inspirational

Regards

Dave

[img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa98/dav ... G_4449.jpg[/img]
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Looks like that bloke has a few big fish and a nice pond :wink:
andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

Hi Dave

Hi Gaz

Yeah, Mike's main pond, is a cracker .............. some of the fish ain't to bad either :wink:

Funny enough, I spoke to Mike earlier today, regarding when we can expect his Tosai in .................. 2nd / 3rd week in May, so I will be getting me arse down there pretty sooooooon :D :D

Let me know if you need a hand, when you come to fit it, will gladly pop down ( be nice to see your water ).

Did I tell you I am getting one of those sexy protean skimmers :D :D :D :shock: , the next size down from yours.

Regards

Andy
Davej
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by Davej »

Hi Andy

The pic is enough to keep me going when it comes to the graft of drilling the hole for the return! :cry:

Still wondering whether to push one of the returns from the Nexus over the shower as well as the flow from the skimmers? 15000L +16000L+12000 so as 2 meters say 30000L total ie 6600gph or simply run the skimmers which would turn over at around 4400gph.

See the water, hope not!!! :wink:

Regards

Dave
Davej
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Re: Disguising a Bakki Shower

Post by Davej »

Hopefully the Bakki pipework is going in tomorrow :roll:

Raised the roof on the pond shed by 18" to give me the headroom for a 4 tier shower.

Have drilled the pond wall for the 4” return which will come out at 3’ depth, will be dropping the water in the pond first thing then cutting through the fibreglass from pondside, hopefully squeezing in a 4” tank connector and loads of gold seal.

Shower will be fed from skimmer via Aquamax 16000 and return from a Nexus via Aquamax 15000, pipework from pumps to spraybars is 2”.

4 tier Bakki is 12” above pond level, I am assured the single 4” return will cope!

Plan is to have a 3” spray bar for each input. I was thinking of starting with three rows of holes of 8mm, 60mm apart.

Will put a hole at the top of each spray bar to see if there is excess pressure, if there is then will increase the hole size.

Does this sound like the way to go?

Any views on the optimum amount of BHM I should throw in?

Regards

Dave