Bakki Shower

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

kingmoaner
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by kingmoaner »

Spoke with Mike Snaden of Yumekoi about the bakki shower and he thinks that by using my aquamax 10000 from my skimmer would give me around 1600 gallons to the shower from my skimmer.
Richidon Koi use a BBF7 with a sequence 18000s and it is fine, apparantly they get around 3500 gallons a hour. They stated that I should get around 3000 gallons with that pump acording to my pipe runs and head that I need to pump.

I then spoke with Absolute Koi who have fitted a BBF7 with the above pump and said that they have no trouble as well. They also recommended that I could put a 2" tank connector onto the side of my Ultra Sieve and attach another pump of around 1800 to 2000 gallons because the Ultra sieve can take a max flow of 5000 gallons, and not the 4500 gallons as stated.
They have done this on various pond builds and its been fine.

If I then pump the skimmer and the new pump on the Ultra sieve into the bakki shower this will give me just over 3000 gallons due to head that is required.

I could even put a Tee piece into my return from my BBF filter to the bakki shower as well and use some of the BBF water on the shower if required.
Also during winter I dont have to have all the water going over the bakki and can return the BBF to the bond mid water.

This will aslo give me more flow and current within the pond, with the bakki returning from above and the BBF in mid water of the pond.
I dont have to do to many mods due to the fact that I have 2" pressure pipe allready fitted and thats what is required, except to reduce the the pump connections with bushes and also on the Bakki shower from 2" to 3" on the spary bar.

Mike has sugested using to spary bars, and a small modification to be made on the return shute.
Hopefully I will get around 6000 gallons an hour turn over on my 5000 gallon pond.

Looking foward to doing the modification, but not looking foward to letting her indoors know how much its costing :shock:
Another plus is that I should be able to lower my pump watts from 800 to around 500 watts in total, so a little saving there :P
thanks for the replies
Roy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Roy,

Well sounds like you have a plan mate please let us know how it all goes :D
kingmoaner
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by kingmoaner »

Started the Modification on pond today.

Will give you a update on how well it went and how the sequence pump is performing on the BBF.

Just put the bakki shower in place this morning and making sure I have all the pipework and valves, connects, etc.

Regards
Roy
dannyboy
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by dannyboy »

Roy,
Nice one , i love adding bits and pieces, lets see plenty of photos as well

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Yes we love pictures Roy :lol: :wink:
kingmoaner
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Update

Post by kingmoaner »

Gents

I have finished the Modifications today, and I am more then happy with the results.

bakki shower installed with a total flow of 3400 gallons over it a hour. Supplied with 1 x Qase Aquamax 12000 & 1 x Oase 15000.

Sequnece 15000s fitted to my BBF7, total out put 1650 gallons a hour, ok no were near the same as my Badu 14, but a lot lower on watts. I ordered a 18000s but was sent the wrong pump. New pump comes tomorrow and the difference between the 2 is around 800 gallons, so I am hoping I will get around 2000 gallons a hour through the bbf.

Total watts being used is around 600 watts better then nearly 800 watts with the badu 14. Also turn over rate on my 4800 gallon pond is just under 1 hour, were the badu took around 1 hour 20 mins to turn over my pond.

I new the sequnece would not give me know were near the amount the badu would, but with the badu I had to by pass around 15% from the BBF to prevent overpressurisation.

Pete Fisherman will post some pics for me so you can see the pond and the mods.

Cheers
Roy
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

posted late last night by kingmoaner roy after i took a data base back up for a move

if he would like to copy and paste this into a new post on the end i can delete this

roy wrote>

Sorry forgot to add that, I will also be removing a NRV on the inlet to the BBF and altering the inlet from 1 1/2" pressure to 2" pressure, so hopefully I will gain a few more gallons with the pipework change as well as the installation of the bigger sequence pump.

I will let you know how it all goes by the end of the week.

Cheers
Roy
TicToc
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Re: Bakki Shower Advice

Post by TicToc »

Ladies/Gents,

I have read through this interesting thread and would appreciate a little more advice for a rebuild.

Aim to go shopping for two skimmers and a Bakki shower shortly. Pond is not raised and will be at gound level. Current thinking is to purchase two Certikin skimmers (white!), pipework will be in 2". One of the skimmers will feed the Bakki some 10 feet away plus the head.

Can the group from experience advise best pump to use for this little task? Criterea: wattage x noise x reliability = :shock:

Also like to say thanks to KQ members have already helped ernormously by PMs. You know who you are :wink:

Thanks,
TicToc

PS: Anyone with a Bakki shower or skimmers for sale please drop me a line.
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Re: Bakki Shower

Post by dho »

Hi Max,

I was going to say to you put a post on here to ask what is the best options for pumps, but you have obviously beaten me to it. :D

David.
TicToc
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Re: Bakki Shower

Post by TicToc »

David - thanks Mukka. Hope your household are getting better today with all the sun :D Don't blink!