Roof/Pergola started

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Thats looking great Bob smashing job, It will be brilliant next winter when its all enclosed and you can hide out there with a can of beer and enjoy.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Getting there Stu isnt it. Lots to still do though, filtration, pipework etc.

Started making my larger showers this evening, I stink of fibreglass now :mrgreen:
Taggy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Taggy »

I pity your your staff having to put up with your wiff Bob :shock: though then again compared to what they are working in yours is probably like aftershave :D :D ,though are you still out and about still or office based???

So now the roof is on,is there another stage to come yet?? or have you digressed to showers for a bit instead??

Graham
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Taggy wrote:though are you still out and about still or office based???
I now cover the whole region, so although office based, it's in offices from Southampton to Chatham. Chichester today.
Taggy wrote: So now the roof is on,is there another stage to come yet?? or have you digressed to showers for a bit instead??
Graham
Showers in the evenings, more digging and pipework this weekend, prior to concreting the floor the weekend afterwards. then ........
emmaandaj
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by emmaandaj »

Looking good Bob! Just remember go easy on the concrete, ready for when you decide to change it all again!

Andy
Taggy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Taggy »

Talking of digging,do you use those plastic rubble sacks or something else????

I may just have something more durable and bigger and more robust you can have,and FREE!!!!!

Graham
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Andy - only a floor covering this time!

Graham - I have lots of filled sacks waiting to go to the tip and about 30 empty ones ready to refill. If I fill more than 10 of these on Saturday, I'll have dug too deep. I just need to skim a couple of inches off of the top of the area, so it's at the right level. Thanks anyway, maybe next time!!!!
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Well if Dangerous Brian evr needs any unskilled labour you know where to come, as long as its not concrete air raid shelters need demolishing.....or is that just the filter room floor :), cant wait to see it all done, you have been a busy boy.
Capt Nemo
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Capt Nemo »

Hey Bob,

looking good mate..... :P

With all this interest and the arrival of the finished pond........ I think a koi quest/nerding day at yours would be a nice idea, kind of like we had a kev's.

What do you think ?

and I could give you the thumbs up or down on that old shed..... :shock:

Tony.
carlejo
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by carlejo »

haven't checked this thread for a while and I have to wow!!.... what a transformation, it looks really good Bob........all you need now is some solar panels on top!!....... fantastic job.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Capt Nemo wrote:Hey Bob,

looking good mate..... :P

With all this interest and the arrival of the finished pond........ I think a koi quest/nerding day at yours would be a nice idea, kind of like we had a kev's.

What do you think ?

and I could give you the thumbs up or down on that old shed..... :shock:

Once it warms up a bit Capn we could do that - wont quite be like Kev's though, he had some good Koi, I've only got kippers!

Tony.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

carlejo wrote:haven't checked this thread for a while and I have to wow!!.... what a transformation, it looks really good Bob........all you need now is some solar panels on top!!....... fantastic job.
Hmm solar panels, could be interesting - perhaps another project later though
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Dug out the rest of the floor area over the weekend, dug trenches for all the pipework and cabling. That's it for digging, I never want to see a spade again!!!!!!

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... %20003.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... %20005.jpg[/img]

I'll be concreting the floor this Sunday. On Saturday I'll be helping Justing with his new pond base, so I hope my dodgy back stands up to it all!

Last week I also started making up the shower for the pond. This is the first tier off of the mould and it's pretty strong and not as flexible as I thought it might be. Got 3 more to make yet plus the chute and supports for each tier.
Made the mould so that the filter grids would slot straight into the base of the tier. Worked a treat as you can see. Less cutting of the grids for me, each tier will take just over a grid and a half.
The size of the shower is approx 1.5 times the size of a single shower and will have approx 5500-6000 gallons per hour put over it.

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... %20007.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums/userpi ... %20008.jpg[/img]
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Bob,

Well that is coming along a treat well done :D

As for not wanting to see another spade after using some of your tools i don't ever want to see that spade again either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The shower is looking good mate wont be long before where changing over the filtration and sitting inside having a nice cool beer at the table and chairs and watching the fish :wink:
emmaandaj
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by emmaandaj »

Hi Bob,

Looks like that coming along nicely :D Im guessing that pipe you have to limbo under is going to be replaced with the one you have buried? Just remember go easy on ther concrete this time :wink:

The shower looks good! Have you got any pics of the mould?

Keep those pics coming :D

Andy