How did you stop the K1 from going from one vortex to the other :?: :?:

Did you drill loads of holes in it about 8mm :?: :?:

Is it fixed directly onto the pipes or is there a gap :?: :?:
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi,

I think this is where the problem lies but I need to get in there and have a dig. I used plastic mesh that you put over gutters to try to keep the K1 in, in the same sort of way that you have used the plastic sheet. I am woundering if the k1 is getting stuck to it and restricting the flow? I'll stick a torch in their tomorrow night and see what I can see.

Andy.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Did you make up air rings from speed-ifit pipe so there is plenty of air bashing the K1 around as you may have a flat spot :?:
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi Gazza,

Well you were right looks like i've got some extra static K1 filtering going on that I wasn't planning on!! I moved the grid away from the pipes but it seems not far enough. I'm currently using air stones as i've not yet finished the speedfit so this may help, but I think I need a re-think.... hmm.

Here's a couple of pics.

Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Is there a gap behind the pipes and the grid as i cut my pipes back and then stuck a grill over similar to yours and it seems OK :?:

Are you still using a Sequence 750 :?:
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Possibly not enough air Andy, allowing the K1 to 'stick' to the outlet grid
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

How about placing an airstone in front of the grill to keep the stuff moving? Down side is that if the air cuts off it sticks and don't come off untill you get the stick out. What you really need to do in increase the surface area of the mesh and thus reduce the overall flow per square inch. I would consider making a mesh dome to fit over the pipe and a large area around it.

B.Scott
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi all,

I think some tinkering is required! From my investigations it looks like the mesh is too close to the pipes although it does stand proud by 1/2" or so. Also this mest does seem to trap the K1 where as I think Gazza's plastic sheet will allow the K1 to slide off if you see what I mean? I'm still running a seq 750, but have had to valve it back a touch at the mo.

I like the Dome idea, i've got lots of the mesh left so may have a crack at this when I get back from Germany on Monday (work not social).

Cheers for the ideas. Keep them comming if you can think of others.

Andy