Filter change

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

estanque_koi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by estanque_koi »

Thanks a lot Gazza!
some 375 liters of K1 then. I think the Sequence range of pumps has somewhat changed, at least the names. I guess yours are those rated at 2200 gph as you said and 100 watts.
Do you get muck settling on the BMH or is it washed out to the pond? or really dissapear as it is said :wink: ?
tomc
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by tomc »

Thanks, ok sorry, another Q. I am inquisitive on this...so now I am logistically challenged.. how do you know that the bottom of this vortex is clean or not? I presume one the outlet side that the base is solid so you can't see the vortex bottom, and the K1 blocks the other side?

:? :? :?

Tom
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Diego,

I don't even bother to look at the BHM in the TT now as its never dirty and i have never had a problem since it been fitted :D I do occasionally just pop my head in over the top but thats most probably about twice a year :D

Hi Tom,

You are correct Tom so don't worry as i can not see the bottom of the vortex but my water is pumped to waste and the pump has a sight glass and a strainer on it so i can see whats been pulled out from the bottom of the vortex.
Daz
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Daz »

I have now started maturing the K1 in chamber 2. I have taken the brushes out of the chamber and put 4 cut off brushes in the transfer port to taake the little fines that the vortex dont.

After fixing a plastic mesh over the transfer port in between chambers 2 & 3, i found that the K1 was gathering at the mesh and restricting the flow, so much that the last chamber was almost pumping dry over a 24hr period. Now I have put the K1 in media bag whilst maturing and have kept the air going through.

Although I wont say what pump it is aqt this stage could it be that I have the wrong pump fitted ?

I am gravity fed and the pond is 2150 gals.

What pumps would recommend ?