which is the best of my best 3 koi ive posted on the forum.

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

which is the best koi.

no2 the kohaku.
46%
no3 the sanke
10%
no1 showa
44%

Total votes: 52

andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

New my first impression was right.

That’s what you call sumi :D :D

Still think it was the best fish out of the three :shock: , but what do I know, nuffin.

The higher you climb the koi tree, the more you realize how little you know :?
Attachments
Del 1.jpg
Del 1.jpg (68.97 KiB) Viewed 21902 times
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

thanks andy so you nicked the photo mate. :lol: :lol: she unreal lad so is the kohaku the mrs hates the gosankes. But when she seen her even she said that lovely that said it all for me that how good she is. :wink:
andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

Yeah Dell, had to share it with the masses.

Great pond you have there, luv the idea of sitting under a roof watching the fish in all weathers, very well throughout.

Regards

Andy
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

andy come down in the summer mate to see them in the flesh you will see her sumi than. :wink:
andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

Your On

I'll book a weekend in the Alicia Hotel :D in Sefton Park, couple of nights in the Crafton :shock: :shock: ( and I won't be fit for anything but sleep ) :shock:

Last time I was in Toxteth I had a bet in the local bookie's, won about 2k and whilst the fella was paying me out he said " when you leave mate, walk down the middle of the road " Why I asked " because you will be able to see um cummin " :shock:

But that was in the bad old days when I use to like a bet.

This will make you smile, I walked back into the pub ( we had travelled all the way to see the National spent the first 3 days at Aintree and watched the big race in the pub :shock: :shock: :wink: ), I give it a bit of the big un, having had it off a little, put a couple of hundred quid behind the bar, so that everybody could join in the fun, and one of the locals told me and my mates, we was with to push off ( or words similar ) should have seen his face when the landlord told him to either sup up, shut up of ship out. After that the lad joined in the crack, we had a great time playing pool etc.

And an even better night, as I had £400 on Mr Frisk @ 16-1 :shock: :shock: ( it's easy when your playing with the bookies money. ) :D, trouble was we had to stay in Liverpool till the followig Monday because the bookie had no money left " shall I write you a cheque " yeah right, :shock:

See you some time in the summer.

Regards

Andy
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ok andy.send me a pm with your email mate. just to send you some think.
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by dho »

Andy,

Nothing wrong with Toxteth, still go back now and then. As long as you don't park in the road you should be OK.

The bookies is just across the road from the house, I wonder was that why my dad choose the house?! :shock:

Del,

As I said before I like your Kohaku the best. In my eyes it has real GC potential. You don't happen to have better photos of it do you?

David.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

how about this daivd
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by dho »

Hi Del,

Were the 2 photos taken around the same time? The kohaku looks totally different in terms of volume/size and impression.

BTW have you seen Koi Vista operated by the Yorkshire Koi Society. You can upload your photos on there and then link them into your posts. This way we can all have a better view of your stunning koi and pond.

Regards,

David.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

david she only just gone in the pond.Will take some photos soon. Does this photo give you a better look at her.
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by dho »

Hi Del,

Personally I prefer the first picture, as it conveys a sense of power and volume where as the second one gives us a better look at the pattern. In the second photo it looks a little bit lost in the bowl, considering she is 70+cm that says something for the size of the bowl. I guess it is hard to get a photo of a koi that is true to life and conveys all its qualities.

BTW are you planning to show any of your koi?

David.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

David no not planning to show but you never no.I just want to enjoy them for now.
andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

Hi Dell

Not a bad attitude to have.

I showed for the first time last year ( @ National & South East ).

It does stress the fish out somewhat, my Ai Goromo thrashed around so much in the bag, that it split its tail a number of times at the top, causing a small section to actually fall off :shock:

Has grow back know, but does send the old stress levels up a bit.

Saying that you get a bit of a buzz, when a fish you have chosen, grown on etc does the business :D

And if some folks didn’t show, then there wouldn’t be a show at all
:?
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by dho »

Del/Andy,

My attitude to showing is, it would be a shame/selfish not to show your fish if you are have top quality koi as there is no better promotion of the hobby than seeing top quality koi in the flesh.

You both have some top quality koi so you should show them.

regards,

David.
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

thanks andy and daivd. I will show my koi but when they have been in the pond for a year or so. And then i will show them. :wink:don't want to stress them to much now.