A couple of questions regarding )one touch

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

A couple of questions regarding )one touch

Post by DaveB »

I am referring to the one which has the antibiotic. One touch Oxy. My question is, can this be used where there are just a few raised scales and the scale are in tact. Or is this more for a full blown ulcer where some scales and dead tissue require removal. Also in the first instance is it still necessary to clean the area with roccol and cotton buds, or do you just dry and then apply the once touch?
Regarding the antibiotic element, Does this eliminate the use of giving an antibiotic injections or is it an additional tool with antibiotic.If not is the product used as if you were giving antibiotics ie every other day for so many injections depending upon which antibiotic it contains. Just a few questions to see if this would be worth a try or would I be better just lifting the koi and without knocking the koi out, apply 1% spray mercurochrome? Hope there is some simple answers. Best regards DaveB
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A couple of questions regarding )one touch

Post by Duncan »

yes Dave its a simple answer

you can use one touch where ever you would use a topical treatment its that simple just allow it to dry before placing the fish back

second you can use an antibiotic internally as well as as the antibiotic would be local and would not penetrate that far and last I routinely use two injectables on one subject the one I like is baytril and gent that's a\ match made in heaven

and from me would you like to use an spray 1% mercurochrome? cuz I could do that right now

dunc
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: A couple of questions regarding )one touch

Post by DaveB »

Duncan wrote:yes Dave its a simple answer

you can use one touch where ever you would use a topical treatment its that simple just allow it to dry before placing the fish back

second you can use an antibiotic internally as well as as the antibiotic would be local and would not penetrate that far and last I routinely use two injectables on one subject the one I like is baytril and gent that's a\ match made in heaven

and from me would you like to use an spray 1% mercurochrome? cuz I could do that right now

dunc
Duncan thanks for the offer. however I will try the One touch first and see how I get on.Interesting to see that you combine two antibiotics. Just wondering what dose rate you recomend when doing this. Do you just 1/2 the dose rates recomended in your book Best regards Dave