Fluebenol 5 % - flukes

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

bigmel
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Fluebenol 5 % - flukes

Post by bigmel »

Hi all

Whats the highest dose you can go up to , i know its 1 gm per 89 gallons as per Duncs book with 10 mil of acetone per 100 gallons i treat for 2900 which includes filters give or take so i make that 32.5 grams , but i put in 45 grams .

Three days later the flukes are still there a few dead ones on the slide but plenty of live ones ...all body flukes as i can see the live young .

Never had great success with fluebenol to be honest but i have it in stock so want to try this route first ....just glad its only flukes to be honest :P
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fluebenol 5 % - flukes

Post by Duncan »

the trouble with flubenol is its been used like confetti and its quite common now to find resistance to it

flubenol used to be sold as 15% for koi but they never had license to sell it so it was withdrawn

dunc
bigmel
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by bigmel »

I thought that might be the case , i will up the dose and give it one last try then switch to prazi if it does not work .

The 30 g pack you sell would i put the whole lot in for 2900 (ish) gallons

Thanks
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

yes you may as well for what you will have left
you cant over dose it
#dunc
obolisk
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by obolisk »

I read that it can take up to 10 days to kill flukes and a dose after 3 days is also needed.