Personal Messaging

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

blemmy
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Personal Messaging

Post by blemmy »

Hi Everyone,

As a recent new member of the forum, I have tried to PM another member earlier today via my User Control Panel. I notice that both PM s have remained in my Outbox and have not gone into 'Sent Items'. Does that mean they have not been sent to my desired recipient please and if so how can I get them to be sent?

Many thanks

Paul
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Personal Messaging

Post by Manky Sanke »

Paul, yes and no. PMs initially are held in your outbox and, at the same time, are also in the inbox of the addressee. Unless you quickly go to your outbox and delete a message, they will stay in both your outbox and the other inbox until the addressee opens the message. The message will then be transferred to your sent box, where it will remain as a record of what you have sent and to indicate that the message has been opened.

In other words, the fact that a message is still in your outbox indicates that it hasn't been read yet.
blemmy
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by blemmy »

Hi Manky,

Thanks for this - I had sent Duncan a PM to which I had attached a number of photographs of some parasites I identified on one of my fish this morning which was basically in a state of lethargy and which sadly died earlier today. On the scrape I spotted a number of parasites and am desperate to get confirmation of what they are asap and some guidance on possible treatments. I believe one of them to be either Whitespot, (least likely because this fish - a sanke - showed no typical white spots), or Trich or Chillodonella (I'm no expert), there was also a couple of flukes (only 2 ) but not sure if they are skin or gill flukes and whether I need to treat for them as well and there was something else( a third creature) which I had never seen before?

I was worried that perhaps Duncan had not had my email but it's now more likely he is just busy and hasn't read my email yet. I will probably have to push on best as I can for now and as one (?) of the 3 most common killers was definitely present in large numbers I will treat with a first dose of FMG tonight (just got in from work) until I can get a reply from Duncan.

Cheers

Paul
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

paul

your right I was in north wales yesterday all day in fact I never got back to the wee small hours of this morning I was doing a pond consult and a koi talk for the north wales koi society

I have given you a quick PM messages this morning to explain what you concerns are if you phone later today I can explain further but basically you have white spot and need to act swiftly

sorry I was not about yesterday but I was out in the sticks by Rhyl and phone signal was iffy at best

dunc
blemmy
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by blemmy »

Thanks Duncan - I will keep you posted on the outcome of the treatment.

Best wishes

Paul