2 phenoxyethanol dose review

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

2 phenoxyethanol dose review

Post by Duncan »

ive been doing some tests on phenoxy well at least my phenoxy I cant vouch for any one else's

i have found in warmer weather or warm water you don't need as much which is good news for you guys

I suggest you start out at 5 ml to 10 litres and see how you go

I have found if you swish it up off the bottom and mix it well they take a little longer to roll over but they come around faster I suspect this is ample for most folks

what prompted it a scientific journal recommends as little as 0.1ml/litre and seems to settle at 0.3ml/litre

try it you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

dunc
deddog
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: 2 phenoxyethanol dose review

Post by deddog »

I have been using as little as 25% of the kusuri koi sedate for a couple of years now, the actual dose depends on which koi I am treating and for how long I expect it to be out of the water.
I found that after sedating my koi a few times there were some that rolled over very quickly, this prompted me to reduce the sedation when treating them the next time, even those which are slow to turn over respond to half dose with a little extra time. The only time in the last 18 months I have used a full dose was for a tumor removal operation, which incidentally was a 100% success.
I usually add a bucket of water to the bowl, add the sedation then pour the rest of the buckets in from a height for a good mix.
This not only saves a little money but as you mentioned Duncan the koi recover quicker which has got to be better for them in the long run.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

well done Dave
I like folks who work the outside of the box

good job mate

dunc
kayoss
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kayoss »

Likewise here. I've been using a half dose for a while now. Also cut back on the quantity needed by using less water too. Just sedate them in a plastic bag and you only need enough water to cover the gills - couple of gallons max! :D

Cheers

Bob