Ozonated gel

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ozonated gel

Post by Duncan »

last weekend i spent 48 hours ozonating extra virgin olive oil after 48 hours all i ended up with is white olive oil no gel no nothing

this was with a huge ozone generator i have an even bigger unit coming stay tuned

dunc
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozonated gel

Post by Manky Sanke »

Duncan,

I've used ozone for all sorts but never tried ozonising oil so I can't talk directly from experience as far as oil is concerned but the trick to successfully ozonising water is to ensure that the air going into the generator is very dry which will allow the unit to develop its full capacity for generating ozone. After that, contact time between the ozone and the water is important so the bubbler should produce the finest bubbles possible and it helps to maximise contact time if the vessel where the reaction takes place is tall.

If your generator doesn't have its own air drier on the input, a simple air drier can be made by drawing the air through a silica gel bag that has been freshly dried in an oven. If that helps, you can buy dehumidifier cartridges based on slaked lime pellets which do a much better job.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozonated gel

Post by Duncan »

hi syd

it was nice and dry in fact very hot in the summer house

it did turn the olive oil from amber to white as snow but alas no gel its supposed to turn olive oil to a gel

so its back to the veg oil
dunc