Sodium thio + p p

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

johno
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Sodium thio + p p

Post by johno »

Hi Dunc,
Just read your post on peroxide + pp,glad i did as i am going to treat my pond with pp.
what dose rate is sodium thio with pp ? pp is 1.5 gms per 220gals i believe ?
Where can i buy your new ulser one hit treatment called Bioband? as i have three koi with ulsers.
Found Trich on two of my koi yesterday,sorry about all the questions.
regards John
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sodium thio + p p

Post by Duncan »

john welcome

with sodium thio add 250 grams to 1.5 litres of water to make a stock solution then treat with this at 10 ml to every 100 gallons it will kill pp instantly plus if your doing a partial water change you can use it to dechlorinate your fresh water
when you dechlorinating fresh water you only need to dechorinate the amount of water added not the whole pond , so if you are adding say 500 gallons you only need add 50 ml.. again when stopping the PP there usually is no real need to add S/T for the whole pond try a mug full first and see if the PP turns brown in a few minutes if not add a bit more

you can get bioband from www.chemicalfactory.co.uk

duncan
johno
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by johno »

Thanks dunc,
Is this the best treatment for tric? I am a bit nervous about using pp can i go through the process with you,i am treating 2500 gals,1.5 gms per 250 gals= 15 gms.
I have a liner with folds in the corners,harbouring muck ,do i pour a bit of pp in the folds or will it get in there on its own? so i pour it in slowly water goes pink,keep it like that for four hours then use sodium thio.I have water lilies, am i best removing them? if so, what is the best way to treat them,or do i bin them?
Thanks John
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

17 grams i make it for 1.5ppm

dunc
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

As a double check, which is always best when medicating, I make it 17 grams too.
johno
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by johno »

Thanks lads