Shame about this forum

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Glenn
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Re: Shame about this forum

Post by Glenn »

If you really want to read crap, I looked at them there koyas and what a joke. It's all about an old has been called Wally and some dopey froggy bird and all the talk is about somebody called Eric, utter crap,

Glenn
susan
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by susan »

I have been keeping Koi for 26 years and hit a brick wall in September when I was lost as what was the best thing to do with a sick fish. When we built our latest pond No.4 7 years ago we decided to build an indoor filter house with quarantine tank and filters I have not used the quarantine tank in 7 years, had no need until September and didn't know what was the best thing to do must have been brain fade being 65
Thank goodness for Duncan, we need people like you, someone we can turn to when we need help and advice. Down in Plymouth we have no one we can turn to and I have learned all I know from Duncan's book over the years looking things up before treating all things Koi Duncan a big thank you for all your help
susan
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by susan »

I have been keeping Koi for 26 years and hit a brick wall in September when I was lost as what was the best thing to do with a sick fish. When we built our latest pond No.4 7 years ago we decided to build an indoor filter house with quarantine tank and filters I have not used the quarantine tank in 7 years, had no need until September and didn't know what was the best thing to do must have been brain fade being 65
Thank goodness for Duncan, we need people like you, someone we can turn to when we need help and advice. Down in Plymouth we have no one we can turn to and I have learned all I know from Duncan's book over the years looking things up before treating all things Koi Duncan a big thank you for all your help
wilf
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by wilf »

Hi guys I am still about , still keeping koi and using the knowledge that Duncan has taught us all but due to a spell of ill health took a step back from hobbies and other things. My pond itself was left to fend for itself and was able to cope due to the teachings of Duncan, yes a couple of fish were lost but no more than I would expect . I have always popped in (the forum) to have a read and to see whats going on , its still the best all the best guys .
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Good to hear that you're back Gary,

Over the years, this forum has gained a reputation more as a source of accurate and up to date knowledge rather than a one where hobbyists go mainly to talk about their ponds, but there is nothing wrong with a bit of chatter so feel free to tell us about how you've restored your pond and any problems you've had doing that.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

hi Gary

glad to see you back mate, sorry to hear you have suffered some ill health hope you on the mend now. well all back away from the hobby every now and again but its in the blood and we bounce back

I would love to see koiquest bounce back to its former glory, I don't know what makes folks up stakes and leave but its nice we have die hard members like yourself , we done and good to have you back

dunc
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Think you not posting advice all the time for us, Bob taking a back seat, etc meant most of the guys posting loads f help are not around as much but hey there is still great advice here f you need it! Think the hobby as a whole has suffered and needs to re group from the bottom up. Perhaps in a few years things will be back to where We were when I got into the hobby
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

Stuart
im not here as much because folks are not here, I would rather be answering questions here than on koiquest facebook page, facebook does not lend itself to lengthy answers so they tend to be shorter on facebook but folks would rather be there than here, I wish it was different but its not
yes, Bob has moved on as some folks do i have no doubt he will be back some day but right now hes having too much fun without koi in his life and good luck to him
today i going to look at revamping the forum so stayed tuned
dunc
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

I must admit I much prefer this forum than Face Book and will always try and give advice when I think I can help but often miss posts on F/B as they disappear after a while as I get messages and posts from other interests as well like model trains, sailing etc where as this is a dedicated koi site where posts are so much easier to access and can be referred back to when needed
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by DaveB »

I didn,t know rhere is a facebook page so will take a look. But I don,t get on there much anyway. I just don,t seem to be bothered with the phone and all this texting all of the time. I suppose its an age thing. Best regards Dave
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Dave, I don't even have a phone, never texted any one in my life but use Facebook all the time
kingfisher
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by kingfisher »

Duncan wrote:Stuart
im not here as much because folks are not here, I would rather be answering questions here than on koiquest facebook page, facebook does not lend itself to lengthy answers so they tend to be shorter on facebook but folks would rather be there than here, I wish it was different but its not
yes, Bob has moved on as some folks do i have no doubt he will be back some day but right now hes having too much fun without koi in his life and good luck to him
today i going to look at revamping the forum so stayed tuned
dunc
I enjoy solid/accurate information, which is always available here without all the facile chat that abounds other koi forums, it detracts from
the quality of advice.
Social networking sites are too much of a security risk for me. So keep monitoring our questions here please Duncan :D

Koiquest is a more serious forum than most, which suggests that the catchment area will be smaller

kingfisher

P.S. I am not really a miserable old swine :lol: