New Book

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Book

Post by Duncan »

if i were to write a new book ( im thinking about it at the moment) what would you want in it or want to see in it?

your thoughts please
dunc
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: New Book

Post by Gazza »

Lots of words,pictures and diagrams :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dunc i know we have had this conversation a few times over the years as there are many things you could write a book on but i am sure perhaps a bit about water and stuff would be good as knowing you i bet you already have something in mind :D :wink:

Bring it on i say :D :D :D :D
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

How about looking at perfect pond systems and filters? Ie an in depth look at how different filters work to de bunk some of the stuff on the web about supposed water movement through a filter contact times etc.
Norseman
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Norseman »

Hi Dunc,

I agree with Ed, perhaps a theory of filtration section. Pro's and cons of the various filter options. You could explain our mutual love of Jap matting!! It could start at the basics of the nitrogen cycle, through pond maturation and the ideal conditions for keeping koi. How about the pros and cons of RO. Even touching on the subjects so well documented by Sid in Koi carp over the last few months.

Or even consider the biology of our fish and their nutritional needs, and how their environment can affect them.

I could ramble on for hours.

Look forward to seeing volume two sometime soon.

Cheers

Simon
welsh_kai_boy
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by welsh_kai_boy »

I agree with whats already been said, water theories, filter theories maybe even the principles of pond building from the basics to the pro stuff?
The Stoneman
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by The Stoneman »

Whatever you put in it Dunc, I'm sure it will be a best seller, and I for sure will buy one. :D

Peter
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

a subject close to your heart, koi autospy and how to understand what is discovered during it...then a review of treatments if applicable or what symptoms the fish may have had for every fish looked at. This would be really useful :D
Russ Little Pond
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Russ Little Pond »

Duncan,

As said by stuW koi autopsy, something on treatment of koi without a quarantine setup, making your own koi feed, a pond DIY section, a Tips Trick and rule of thumb section, include a DVD backing up whats in the book.

Explain why filter bacteria survive on the media out of water at freezing temps, pond heating pro`s con`s.
LCunningham5566
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by LCunningham5566 »

Hi Duncan,

I've got your book twice, one is laminated and in the filter house, and the other is on the shelf in the lounge... (Never out of hands reach)... A great book and one I recommend to many people.

I think treatments just need updating a little...? As I for one, can't get superverm any more.

Any you have more products available to buy that are not illustrated in your book.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth...!

LeeC
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by DaveB »

What ever you deicide to put in it Duncan I look forward to buying one. Cheers. Best regards Dave
fisherman
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by fisherman »

LCunningham5566 wrote:Hi Duncan,

I've got your book twice, one is laminated and in the filter house, and the other is on the shelf in the lounge... (Never out of hands reach)... A great book and one I recommend to many people.

I think treatments just need updating a little...? As I for one, can't get superverm any more.

Any you have more products available to buy that are not illustrated in your book.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth...!

LeeC

Hi Lee
The reason you cannot get it in this country is that DEFRA as is banded for use in this country unless you have sheep Duncan’s book is worldwide usages