Blanketweed treatments together with other treatments

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Blanketweed treatments together with other treatments

Post by DaveB »

When using blanketweed treatments such as Ecopure Gold ( possibly contains zinc or copper??) do we treat this as another treatment and leave 7 clear days pre and post before using anything else. Although blanketweed is at a minimum it is starting to grow , some of which is imediately dieing off and ending up in the settlement /static K1. Your thoughts are appriated best regards Dave
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: Blanketweed treatments together with other treatments

Post by Gazza »

Hi Dave,

I always leave 7 days between any treatments as this is what i call a "safe" period as i know people in the past have had problems when using treatments to close together.

I normally leave my BW and only start treating once i know its growing as in the past like you i have had it die off on its own and funny enough this happened recently and the BW has all gone from the end of my shower :D happy days :D
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by DaveB »

Gazza wrote:Hi Dave,

I always leave 7 days between any treatments as this is what i call a "safe" period as i know people in the past have had problems when using treatments to close together.

I normally leave my BW and only start treating once i know its growing as in the past like you i have had it die off on its own and funny enough this happened recently and the BW has all gone from the end of my shower :D happy days :D
As always a prompt and helpful reply Thanks once again Gazza.I will keep a close eye on it and act accordingly. Best Regards Dave
Aqualife2u
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Aqualife2u »

I have always waited 7 days before adding any additional treatments.
Aqualife2u
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Aqualife2u »

Adding treatment regardless of what it is always changes water chemistry therefore stressing the fish to differing degrees, so as others have said wait at least 7 days.